ASHP REPORT. 2010 Report of the Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer: Keeping our focus during a difficult time
- Leadership development: Empowering others to take an active role in patient care. White, Sara J. // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;May/Jun2012, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p308
The article focuses on the response of pharmacy practitioner organizations to a request by their members for leadership training through publications, education, videos and resource center. Pharmacy-related publications are released by the American Pharmacists Association (AphA) and the American...
- Director's Forum - Developing Patient-Centered Services, Part 2: Building a Hybrid Pharmacy Practice Model. Jenkins, Matthew; Mark, Scott M.; Saenz, Rafael; Maslonek, Kimberly; Zagacki, Adam // Hospital Pharmacy;Feb2011, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p139
The article discusses the pharmacy practice models (PPM), which can be implemented, developed, and evaluated. It defines that a PPM is a manner in which a pharmacy department's human resources are distributed to ensure optimal outcomes in patients and improvements in the medication-use process....
- Five top trends for health-system pharmacies in 2016. Talsma, Julia // Drug Topics;Jan2016, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p32
The article discusses five top trends for health-system pharmacies in 2016 as discussed by McKesson Pharmacy Optimization team during the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear meeting in New Orleans. Some of these include growth in the specialty pharmaceutical market,...
- Future of pharmacy provisions in health care reform not clear, ASHP staff says. Thompson, Cheryl A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/15/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p416
The article reports on the statement of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) on the uncertainty of the pharmacy provisions in the health care reform. The White House proposes to comprehensively reform the health care, but the summary does not mention pharmacist-provided...
- Correction. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p1109
A correction to an article in the April 15, 2008 issue about the 2008 summer meeting and exhibition of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is presented.
- ASHP 2010 Official Board and Section Elections. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/15/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 14, p1133
The article offers information about the 2010 Official Election ballot for the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists' (ASHP) president and members of its Board of Directors.
- Acknowledgments. // Best Practices for Hospital & Health-System Pharmacy;2009/2010, preceding p4
People and organizations that the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists would like to thank for drafting and reviewing the 2008-2009 edition of "Best Practices for Hospital & Health System Pharmacy: Position & Guidance Documents of ASHP."
- Health-system pharmacists recharge at ASHP meeting. // Pharmacy Today;Jul2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p4
Information about the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Summer Meeting in Rosemont, Illinois is presented. Topics included information and strategies for dealing with tough economic challenges in health-system pharmacy, ways to improve care for patients requiring...
- Competing social tensions in health care. Manasse Jr., Henri R. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/1/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 17, p1569
The article presents a speech by Henri R. Manasse, Jr., executive vice president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, delivered at the commencement of the 2009 graduating class of the University of Wyoming College of Health Sciences on May 9,...