Pharmacist involvement in fall prevention
- HMRs and osteoporosis. Rigby, Debbie // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Dec2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1099, p30
The article discusses the need to consider a home medicines review (HMR) for patients with osteoporosis. It relates some studies on osteoporosis that affect millions of Australians. It describes several issues that may lead to better patient understanding and improve adherence to and persistence...
- 8 tips to protect patients from falling. // Same-Day Surgery;May2008, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p51
The article offers tips to protect patients who may be susceptible to falls.
- Beat These Parkinson's Disease-Related Problems. // MDS Alert;May2010, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p51
The article offers strategies to improve the clinical results and quality of life for people with Parkinson's disease (PD) in the U.S. Clinicians order anticholinergics to reduce the accumulated saliva secretion. Evaluate the medications for PD if they are working properly or the clinicians...
- Falls prevention focused medication review by a pharmacist in an acute hospital: implications for future practice. Browne, Claire; Kingston, Claire; Keane, Claire // International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy;Oct2014, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p969
Background Patients at risk of falling are regularly prescribed medicines which increase falls risk. Medication review is a widely advocated risk reduction strategy. Objective The objectives of this descriptive study were to determine the number and types of falls risk medicines suitable for...
- The Royal College of Physicians' Fallsafe care bundles applied trustwide: the Northumbria experience 2013. Richardson, David A.; Bhagwat, Anju; Forster, Kirsti // Clinical Medicine;Dec2015, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p530
The Royal College of Physicians' FallSafe care bundles constitute measures of good practice, some of which are recommended for all patients, some are additional measures for older and more vulnerable patients admitted to hospital, and there is another bundle for after an inpatient fall, to...
- Safety Volunteer Check List: Visiting all patients with triangles. // Same-Day Surgery;Mar2012 Supplement 2, p3
A chart is presented which can serve as a check list for hospital safety volunteers who monitor patients.
- Acceptability of fall prevention measures for hospital inpatients. Vassallo, Michael; Stockdale, Rachel; Wilkinson, Charlie; Malik, Naveed; Sharma, Jagdish; Baker, Roger; Allen, Stephen // Age & Ageing;Jul2004, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p400
Presents a study that explored acceptability of fall prevention measures for hospital inpatients in Great Britain. Method of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Product news. // Nursing & Residential Care;Jul2013 Equipment Services, p75
No abstract available.
- 'SAFE SLIPPERS' WILL HELP PREVENT FALLS. // Nursing Standard;5/25/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p8
Vulnerable patients who own slippers in poor condition are having them replaced with good quality footwear following a fundraising drive.