- Executive Spotligh/ Nathaniel Oubre. // San Diego Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p33
Reports on the recruitment of Nathaniel Oubre as senior vice president of Kaiser Permanente in San Diego, California. Career history; Job responsibilities.
- Kaiser's squeeze play. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;05/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p37
Offers a look at a series of initiative by Kaiser Permanente, a health maintenance organization, which is aimed at improving the company's financial performance. Reference to a $270 million loss by Kaiser; Indications that Kaiser may sell off or spin off parts of its money losing health plans;...
- Dispatch Dispute. Navarro, Leonard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jan2000, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p26
Reports the controversy on the plan of Kaiser Permanente company to route nonemergency ambulance calls through a dispatcher. Information on the ambulance call plan; Significance of the plan; Comment from George Burke, spokesperson for the International Association of Firefighters.
- Kaiser unions OK pact with AFL-CIO. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;06/09/97, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p30
Reports that Union workers at Kaiser Permanente have voted to endorse the health maintenance organization's (HMO) agreement with the America Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO). Terms and conditions of a partnership involving the workers; Focus of the Senior...
- Access or poor care? Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;07/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p40
Reports that Health Maintenance Organization, (HMO) Permanente Federation is being sue by Doctor Joseph Flores, one of its doctors on behalf of Kaiser HMO enrollees. Allegations of the lawsuit; Remarks by a Kaiser spokeswoman. INSET: Doc power grows in new Kaiser deal, by Louise Kertesz..
- Kaiser fraud suit proceeds. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;07/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p40
Comments on the court ruling that has found evidence suggesting that Kaiser Permanente Company may have fraudulently delayed the arbitration procedure. Detail on what happened to Wilfred Engalla, a former Kaiser enrollee; Information on how the Kaiser system operates; Details on the ruling of...
- Which is the real Kaiser? Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;08/25/97, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p61
Provides information on Kaiser Permanente, a health maintenance organization in the United States. Success of company in various areas of health care; What percent of company's annual revenues are directed to community benefit; Increase of enrollment between 1993-1995; Services offered by...
- HMO PULL . Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;9/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the physician recruitment program of Oakland, California-based Kaiser Permanente. Hiring of doctors who are willing to give up their private practices, as well as those who have completed residency training; Work with doctors to find the best home loans for them; Appeal of Kaiser's...
- Medical advances mean high quality, low cost. // San Diego Business Journal;03/10/97, Vol. 18 Issue 10, pA13
Focuses on the nonprofit organization Kaiser Permanente and the innovative programs and techniques being implemented. Factors which reduce costs and improve quality of care patients receive; Medical care services offered by Kaiser Permanente; Evaluation of the health care program offered by Kaiser.