Buprenorphine transdermal system has REMS
- FDA approves reformulated OxyContin to discourage abuse, cut overdoses. Currie, Donya // Nation's Health;Jul2013, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the approval by U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials of a new formulation of the painkiller OxyContin manufactured by the pharmaceutical company Purdue Pharma L.P. in order to reduce its drug abuse and misuse.
- Purdue calls ad citation a 'misunderstanding'. Dickinson, James D. // Medical Marketing & Media;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the statement referencing the Food and Drug Administration Warning Letter of Purdue Pharma in the U.S. Misconception of the safety information of the advertisement; Reduction of drug safety risk; Promotion of OxyContin for unapproved uses.
- OxyContin Labeling Updated. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, pA-26
The article informs that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the labeling of reformulated OxyContin drug from Purdue Pharma LP.
- Abuse-Deterrent Hydrocodone Gets OK. // Chain Drug Review;12/8/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p93
The article reports that the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the Hysingla ER extended-release tablets CII from Purdue Pharma LP.
- FDA Strengthens Warnings for OxyContin. // FDA Consumer;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the decision of the United States Food and Drug Administration to strengthen the warnings and precautions sections in the labeling of OxyContin controlled-release tablets. Content of OxyContin; Information on an initiative taken by Purdue Pharma, maker of the drug, to educate...
- FDA recognises OxyContin's abuse-deterrent properties. // Reactions Weekly;4/20/2013, Issue 1449, p4
The article reports that the updated labeling for reformulated controlled-release oxycodone (OxyContin ER) of Purdue Pharma, has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USDA) in April 2013.
- Prescription Drugs: OxyContin Abuse and Diversion and Efforts to Address the Problem: GAO-04-110. // GAO Reports;12/19/2003, p1
Amid heightened awareness that many patients with cancer and other chronic diseases suffer from undertreated pain, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Purdue Pharma's controlled-release pain reliever OxyContin in 1995. Sales grew rapidly, and by 2001 OxyContin had become the most...
- FDA advisory committees skeptical of new OxyContin abuse-resistance. Buono, Drew // Drug Store News;5/19/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p5
The article outlines the evaluation made by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Purdue Pharma's OxyContin, a painkiller. Two of FDA's advisory committees are not convinced that the institution provided sufficient scientific data on the abuse-resistance of the drug. Purdue is seeking...
- Purdue's problems mount. Strempel, Dan // Westchester County Business Journal;8/1/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 31, p9
The article reports that the U. S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has requested Purdue Pharma LP to suspend the marketing of Palladone, a pain medication, after the loss of its patent protection on drug OxyContin in New York The request of FDA has affected the operations of Purdue. In fact,...