DO ANIMATED BANNER ADS HURT WEBSITES? THE MODERATING ROLES OF WEBSITE LOYALTY AND NEED FOR COGNITION
- Attention to Banner Ads and Their Effectiveness: An Eye-Tracking Approach. Lee, JooWon; Ahn, Jae-Hyeon // International Journal of Electronic Commerce;Fall2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p119
As with all forms of advertising, exposure is a necessary prerequisite for Internet banner ad effectiveness. However, exposure does not guarantee a user's attention, an issue especially relevant to the Internet, where ad avoidance occurs most frequently. And if an ad is noticed, the message may...
- The role of animation in the consumer attitude formation: Exploring its implications in the tripartite attitudinal model. Jin, Chang-Hyun // Journal of Targeting, Measurement & Analysis for Marketing;Jun2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p99
This study examines the effects of animation and its relationship to cognitive and affective processes and conation responses by conducting an experimental study. The results of a multi-group confirmatory factor analysis comparing a low-involvement product type and high-involvement product type...
- Interaction of banner ad and sponsorship in online advertising: The impact on attitudes and purchase intention. Pongpatipat, Chatdanai; Gopinath, Mahesh // Advances in Consumer Research - Asia-Pacific Conference Proceedi;2009, Vol. 8, p370
The article offers an overview of a study which looks at the integration of banner advertisements (ads) and Internet sponsorships and their impact on consumer attitudes toward the brand, the website and the company. The congruity between the two formats of Internet ads and consumers is examined...
- Speaking for Scotland. Donelan, Jenny // Computer Graphics World;Nov2002, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p40
Discusses the creation of a real-time digital character, Seonaid for the Scottish government web site by Digital Animations Group PLC. Personality profile of Seonaid; Software used for the creation of Seonaid; Obstacle in the creation of Seonaid.
- Some top animation sites. Pearce, John // Investigating: Australian Primary & Junior Science Journal;Nov99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p42
Presents some top computer animation sites. Includes Brainpop for human body and other topics; A Science Odyssey for space; Earth Moon Viewer; Rockhound for rocks; The Bean Files for agriculture; Visy Recycling or recycling; National Geographic Habitats for forests.
- Gorillaz in the Midst. Honan, Mathew // Macworld;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p20
Provides information on the Web site of the animated hip-hop band, Gorillaz. Creator of the site; Features.
- Banner Ads: From Bargain Basement to Rich Media. Morrissey, Brian // Adweek;9/5/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 34, p12
The article reports that the increased use of video and animation technologies is causing some advertisers to reconsider the purpose of their banner advertisements. They want to change it from simply a way to draw users to their Web sites to a delivery method for rich branding experiences and a...
- Editorial. Reynolds, Jonathan // Journal of Targeting, Measurement & Analysis for Marketing;Jun2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p67
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the role of animated commercials in consumers' attitudes, consumer attitudes on mobile viral marketing, and demographic rehabilitation for direct marketing.
- Build web loyalty by giving honest facts. Burge, Hugo // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/4/2006, Issue 2728, p15
The article explains the importance of building consumer loyalty and trust by offering reliable and relevant information on the websites. The information so provided is said to help the consumers make their travel decisions. The influence of web revolution on the travel industry and success of...