- There by Choice. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;04/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p4
Features high school seniors in the United States who participated in the J&W 12th annual National High School Recipe Contest, held in Providence, Rhode Island. Importance of a career in foodservice for participants; Scholarships awarded to winners such as Francetta Turner and Beau Mueller;...
- Honored sous chefs compete in cooking contest. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p42
Reports on the outcome of the Bertolli Sous Chef Awards 2002. Winning preparations; Participating chefs.
- SC Agric. Dept. promotes school culinary competition. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Presents information on a food service competition being sponsored by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, the South Carolina Food Service Association and the South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia. What inspired the competition; Name given to the contest; Nature of the...
- SCHOOL BAKERS MUST RISE TO THE OCCASION. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/13/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4807, p44
The article reports on The Bestway Batleys Big School Bake Off competition for school chefs launched by Bestway Batleys Foodservice (BBFJ), supported by the Stork brand of the Unilever Food Solutions.
- IRON PUPS AND CHILI POTS. Morgan, Tara // Boise Weekly;2/22/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p31
The article offers news briefs related to food service in Boise, Idaho which include the opening of the mobile eatery Pups, the announcement by the Boise Contemporary Theater (BCT) to host the Iron Chef BCT on March 13, 2012 and the inauguration of the Hyde Park Chill Cook-off on February 25, 2012.
- Call for entries. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Dec96, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p34
Informs on cookery and food service contests in the United States. 42th Annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards; 34th Annual Great Menu Contest.
- Galaxy of stars shine brightly for foodservice. MANZOORI-STAMFORD, JANIE // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/18/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4799, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the inaugural Foodservice Cateys and another on the Sodexo Chef of the Year competition.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/26/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p38
Presents developments related to the restaurant industry as of February 19, 2001. Winner of the 2001 Bocuse d'Or cooking competition; Promotion of regional Italian pastas by Rock Center Cafe; Favorite food of business meeting attendees in the United States.
- Salon Culinaire takes shape. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/16/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4295, p16
Reports on the entries sought for the 2004 Salon Culinaire International de Londres which will take place at Hotelympia at ExCel in London, England in 2004. Classes included in the event; Highlights of the event; Benefits of the competition element of the show to the food service industry.