Layers of Flavor
- KITCHEN prescriptions. Lissandrello, Maria // Vegetarian Times;Nov/Dec2008, Issue 363, p78
The article examines five cold- and flu-fighting foods that medical research suggests may be as effective as over-the-counter cold remedies. They include garlic, whose active ingredient, allicin, has antiviral and antibacterial effects and may also work by attacking cold-causing microbes in the...
- Assessment of Antioxidant Properties of Allium cepa on Serum Antioxidants and Spermatogenesis After Consuming Tartrazine in Rat. Hoseinpouran, Manuchehr; Khaki, Arash; Nazem, Habibollah // Crescent Journal of Medical & Biological Sciences;Oct2015, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p125
Objective: The aim of this study is to assess the antioxidant properties of onion on biochemical serum factors, antioxidants and testicular tissues in Wistar rats after consuming tartrazine. Materials and Methods: Forty male Wistar were divided intofour groups of 10. The first group was used as...
- GREEN ONION-PARMESAN POPOVERS. // Bon Appetit;Dec2005, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p127
Presents the recipe for Green Onion-Parmesan Popovers.
- BBQ Onion Steaks with Honey-Mustard Sauce. // Bon Appetit;Jul2006, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p98
A recipe for BBQ onion steaks with honey-mustard sauce is presented.
- Onions, take a bow! // BBC Australian Good Food;May2012, p64
Recipes for preparing two types of onion dish including French onion soup and onion relish are presented.
- CARAMELIZED-ONION AND GORGONZOLA GRILLED PIZZA. // Gourmet;Jun2008, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p84
A recipe for caramelized-onion and gorgonzola grilled pizza is presented.
- CRISP FRIED ONIONS AND PEPPERS. // Gourmet;Mar2007, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p116
A recipe for crisp fried onions and peppers is presented.
- Caramelized Onions. Ohlenforst, Kristen // Southern Living;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p158
Presents a recipe for Caramelized Onions.
- ROASTED KALE AND RED ONIONS. // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2008, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p243
A recipe for roasted kale and red onions is presented.