- Leveraging a Comfort Food Favorite. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information about the Le Mac menu offered by Aramark at the University of Delaware, which won the Best Station Concept award.
- DELI GROWS IN CAMPUS REC CENTER. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Provides information on a deli called Sidelines opened by the food service team at the University of North Texas in Denton in August 2003. Sales performance of the deli; Types of sandwiches served at Sidelines; Other food items offered at the deli.
- Hofstra Univ. adds to menu, prevents boredom. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the food service available at the Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. Now, more than ever, variety in food service is not simply about adding a couple of Americanized ethnic dishes to the cycle menu of entrees served in a cafeteria's steam wells. Variety branches...
- Making it Authentic, Making it Ethnic. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p42
The article discusses the concept of introducing ethnic menus from medical centers in the U.S. The author cites the menus offered by these foodservers including the Garfield Medical Center, Stony Brook University Hospital, and at Loudoun County foodservice. Menus range from Chinese dishes to...
- 'Cool and Crazy.'. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p26
Provides information on a servery called Ro*Tiki at the Vanderbilt University. Background on the establishment of the servery; Dishes served; Difference of its ordering system from other on-line food ordering systems.
- Contemplating a Program. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;8/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p50
The article focuses on a dormitory room food delivery service being planned by Campus Dining Services at Bentley College in Waltham, Massachusetts. General manager Jamie Cornacchia says that he would like to offer such service but issues like high labor costs and keeping the food hot hinder him....
- Columbia Rebrands Coffee Concept. // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that Columbia University has rebranded its Blue Java cafÃ©s to better reflect the fair trade- and organic-certified coffee it is now serving. The logo is featured on menu boards, travel mugs, cup sleeves and, of course, entrances to the two cafes. There are also two Blue...
- Chili's to Open at Baylor. // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p20
Baylor University in Waco, Texas will become the first college in the U.S. to have popular meat dishes in its campus. The fast-casual restaurant outlet â€” part of restaurant company Brinker International's popular Chill's concept â€” is to be opened in late summer of 2003. The menu...
- Latino Fare with Flair. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p38
The article focuses on the Latino-laden menu offered at Barry University in Miami Shores, Florida. Manager Pierre Sierralta said that they have 35 to 40 Latin-influenced dishes that they offer pretty much on a daily basis due to diverse student population. He noted that the Cuban mojo-marinated...