ON THE MENU
- The Hot 10: Waiter, There's An Almond Joy In My Dessert. Knowlton, Andrew // Bon Appetit;Feb2011, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p34
The author looks at several dessert trends offered in U.S. restaurants. Pastry chef Melissa Chou serves burnt vanilla ice cream with huckleberry, brioche French toast and almond at Aziza in San Francisco, California. Hostess cupcake, oatmeal cream pie and pudding pop are featured in the dessert...
- Haute and Cold. Pinegar, Laura // Indianapolis Monthly;May2007 City Guide, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p42
The article presents information about some desserts available in restaurants in Indianapolis, Indiana. The stainless-steel cup packed with chocolate-chai ice cream, which is prepared by chef Neal Brown is available in the restaurant L'Explorateur. The pomegranate granita prepared by chef...
- Ice-cream sundaes: Melting tastebuds every day of the week. Cavanaugh, Bonnie Brewer // Nation's Restaurant News;10/16/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p51
Features some ice-cream sundae preparations from various restaurants in the United States. Samples of ice-cream sundae creations from several pastry chefs; Ingredients; Procedure.
- A wonderful meal and a most delightful play. Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/13/2005, Issue 2665, p66
The article presents the author's experience, who dined at the Fortnum's restaurant before heading to the theater in London. The dish he at there was an elaborate ice cream sundae offered after a selection of five main courses. These ranged from wild smoked salmon to roast vegetables, exotic...
- how toâ€¦ eat less dessert. // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Nov2006, p138
The article presents information on how to eat less dessert. Throw away big dessert bowls, serving spoons and spoons, and use smaller crockery and cutlery. A U.S. study found that people served themselves 31% ice-cream when the size of their bowls doubled. Serves also grew by 14.5% when subjects...
- Milking It. // Indianapolis Monthly;May2009 City Guide, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p14
The article offers new briefs related to Indianapolis, Indiana. The Loft Restaurant is now open regularly for lunch Tuesday through Saturday, in addition to Sunday brunch, with creative and seasonal menus. Traders Point Creamery will launch Creamline Organic Ice Cream this summer thanks to the...
- HIGH ON THE PIE. Wachsman, Melanie Wolkoff // Louisville Magazine;May2006, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p76
The article presents information on the Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen, a restaurant in Louisville, Kentucky. There are fresh-baked pies, cakes, cheesecakes, cookies and cupcakes. The store's caramel-colored walls, red-hued display panels and framed photos of pies past subliminally suggest...
- BRIGHT SPARK. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/13/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4323, p21
Evaluates the Morelli's ice cream parlor at the Knightsbridge restaurant in London, England.
- Harrods. King, Paul // In-Store;Jul2005, p54
Presents information on the Harrods ice cream parlour in Great Britain. Reputation of the restaurant; Price of ice creams offered at the restaurant; Features of the restaurant.