- What Traits Do You Look For and What Do You Expect from a Store Manager? // Gourmet Retailer;Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p36
Cites qualities sought after in store managers in the food service. Leadership traits; Training experience; Communication skills; Social skills; Willingness to accept responsibility and work with a high level of accountability; Commitment to the company's mission; Ability to take a proactive...
- Food Protection Management Training class available to food service establishments. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);3/19/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p2
The article offers information on a two-day Food Protection Management training intended for food service managers to be held from May 4-18, 2009 at the Taylor County Extension Office in Abilene, Texas.
- FM 2003 LEADERSHIP AWARDS. // Food Management;Nov2003, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p23
Introduces the food service industry executives being recognized for their leadership abilities in 2003.
- Where are we? Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;03/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p6
Offers observation on the 1999 Women's Foodservice Forum which discusses women in food chain-management jobs. Highlights of the Forum; Forum's influence in helping more women pursue a career in foodservice management.
- Jackie DeWitt: Moving Beyond Nursing Homes. // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p24
Profiles Jackie DeWitt, president of the Dietary Managers Association. Professional career of DeWitt; Job description as an organizational manager; Personal background of DeWitt.
- Bonus pay: How much is too much? // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p92
Examines bonus pay as part of the compensation package of chief executive officers (CEO). CEO's who collected more than half their cash compensation in bonuses; Criticisms from activist shareholders; Determinants of bonus pay of various CEO's; Shareholder's preference for stock options.
- Changing times, new supervisory responsibilities. // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p34
Replies to an inquiry on the supervisory responsibilities placed on food service managers in the United States, as food service operations restructure to boost efficiency. Accountability of managers for their food and labor costs; Involvement in marketing research; Expansion of managers' jobs...
- FM 2003 LEADERSHIP AWARDS: Stephen Grundy. // Food Management;Nov2003, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p28
Features Stephen Grundy, director of Nutrition Services Department of Dayton, Ohio Public Schools and one of the winners of the 2003 Food Management Leadership Awards. Efforts to revamp the purchasing operation and streamlining the public school system's outside catering business.
- FM 2003 LEADERSHIP AWARDS: Patti Dollarhide. // Food Management;Nov2003, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p32
Features Patti Dollarhide, director of Nutrition Services at the Via Christi Regional Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas and one of the winners of the 2003 Food Management Leadership Awards. Efforts to integrate the food management programs at two Wichita campuses.