NACUFS 2010: Fast Forward
- Elliot conference addresses industry's concerns about shrinking labor pool. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p6
Highlights the main issues discussed by United States foodservice operators at the 2000 Elliot Conference, which was held in New York City. Restaurant industry's concerns about the shrinking labor pool; Panelists; Issue of compensation for the industry's employees.
- Panel explores multicultural opportunities in on-site. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/5/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p32
A photograph featuring Helena Marescot, senior marketing manager, PepsiCo Foodservice; Owen Moore, director dining, auxiliary services, New York Universty; and others at the "Multicultural Opportunities in Institutional Foodservice" panel is presented.
- Sea Breeze Food Service Food Show. // Southeast Food Service News;Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
Photographs of several participants during the Sea Breeze Food Service Food Show, which was held in Jacksonville, Florida on April 21, 2010, including Jim Davis, Bob Quinet, and Tammy Gowin are presented.
- Kiosk: What, Where & When. // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2010, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p22
A calendar of events related to the hospitality business in the U.S. from February 22-March 14, 2010 is presented which includes the National Fiery Foods and Barbecue Show in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Council of Hotel and Restaurant Trainers hospitality training in San Francisco, California and...
- Industry execs, educators discuss merits of training at CHRIE confab. Strauss // Nation's Restaurant News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p48
Reports on the issues raised during a panel discussion regarding things that hotel and restaurant employees wish educators would teach. Views of industry leaders attending the 1999 convention for the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (CHRIE); Benefit of...
- WFF Celebrates Two Decades of Progress. // Restaurant Hospitality;May2009, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p18
Information about topics discussed during the "Leadership Development Conference" sponsored by Women's Foodservice Forum (WFF) in Dallas, Texas on March 15-18, 2009 is presented. Delegates discussed leadership, unveiling the commemorative book "Women at the Table" and honoring its three members,...
- Gordon Food Service Food Show. // Southeast Food Service News;Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p13
Photographs of several participants during the Gordon Food Service Food Show, which was held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on April 21, 2010, including John Stathos, Tarra Mata, and Rick Lanni are presented.
- The Changing Face of Long-term Care. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p16
The article discusses the highlights of a roundtable discussion among dietary directors of U.S. long-term care facilities at the 2012 conference of the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals. When asked about the challenges facing their segment of the industry, Jeremy T. Manners...
- A call for change. LOCKYER, SARAH E. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/2/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p4
The author offers observation on equal rights and wage equality for women in the foodservice industry. Topics discussed include the condition of women in present-day U.S. compared to other countries, the number of women who hold the chief executive title within the Nation's Restaurant News Top...