USDA Finalizes Ground Beef Standards for School Lunches
- LESS PAPERWORK, BURDEN: USDA EASES SUMMER F/S RULES. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p62
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to launch the Seamless Summer Food Waivers for food service operators. Operators eligible for the waiver; Success of the previous waivers.
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p74
Presents updates on rules of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) which affect the food service industry as of May 15, 2001. Standards of (USDA) on food safety and standards; Updates on food allergens; Commercial labeling policy of USDA.
- Schools' New BALANCING Act. King, Paul // FoodService Director;11/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p32
The article discusses the challenges to implementing the new meal regulations mandated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in line with the Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010. According to the article, operators are struggling to understand the rules having had only a few months to decipher...
- Who's Healthiest? // CSP;Jun2015 Supplement 2015 Foodservice Handbook, p37
The article discusses that foodservice operators across the U.S. have started offering healthier food items like fruits and vegetables to their menus, in order to abide by the Department of Agriculture (USDA)'s regulations, and presents statistics about the topic.
- Irradiation hits front burner... Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;03/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the United States Department of Agriculture's scheduled issuance of proposed rules on the irradiation of raw meat. Reactions from restaurant operators and the meat industry; Significance of irradiation; Findings of studies on consumer attitudes toward irradiation.
- USDA offers schools new one-source safety kits. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p23
Announces the plan of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to send out a joint food safety information memo to food service departments and other program administrators. Authors of the memo; Highlights of the memo; Distribution of kits with the memo.
- Child and Adult Care Food Program: National Average Payment Rates, Day Care Home Food Service Payment Rates, and Administrative Reimbursement Rates for Sponsoring Organizations of Day Care Homes for the Period July 1, 2012 Through June 30, 2013. Rowe, Audrey // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/24/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 142, p43229
The article presents a notice from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service about the Child and Adult Care Food Program. It notes that the notice announces the annual adjustments to the national average payment rates for meals and snacks served in several centers including...
- Food Distribution Program: Value of Donated Foods From July 1, 2012 Through June 30, 2013. Rowe, Audrey // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/24/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 142, p43231
The article presents a notice from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service about the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). It notes that notice announces the national average value of donated foods to be provided in school year 2013 for each lunch served by schools...
- PARTNERING WITH LOCAL COMMUNITIES: Schools to provide setting for ASFSA training plan. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p26
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture will fund a program to train disadvantaged people for employment at school cafeterias and other food service facilities. Details on the other purpose of the program; Amount of the finance granted for the program.