Gentiva Sells $325M in Junk Bonds
- Gentiva Agrees to Pay $1 Billion to Acquire Odyssey. // Chain Drug Review;6/7/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p212
The article reports on the plan of Gentiva Health Services Inc. to purchase Odyssey HealthCare Inc. worth one billion dollars to become the country's largest provider of home health and hospice services in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Major merger a catalyst? // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jul2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the plan of Gentiva Health Services Inc., a home health care provider, to purchase Odyssey Healthcare Inc., a hospice provider, for 1 billion dollars in the U.S.
- Banks Prep $1.2B in Debt for Health-Care Deal. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/31/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on a term loan arranged by a bank consortium to finance the acquisition by Gentiva Health Services of the firm Odyssey Health Care.
- Hospice hot spot. Zigmond, Jessica // Modern Healthcare;5/31/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p6
The article focuses on the plan of home health firm Gentiva Health Services to acquire Odyssey HealthCare, which is considered as one of the biggest hospice companies in the U.S., for 1 billion U.S. dollars. It notes that if the Gentiva-Odyssey deal is completed, the combined average daily...
- The gator bowl. McLaughlin, Neil // Modern Healthcare;5/31/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p24
The author reflects on several issues related to health in the U.S. He cites the effects of narcotics and other chemicals flushed into the sewers on animals such as alligators and male fishes. He adds that the planned acquisition of Odyssey HealthCare by Gentiva Health Services signifies growing...
- LBO Health-Care Deals on the Rise. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;6/7/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
The article focuses on the increase in leveraged buyout (LBO) deals in the healthcare sector in the U.S. Private equity firms are giving attention to health-care companies who are into a string of deals in the leveraged loan and high yield bond markets. It notes that the sector is active in the...
- Gentiva, Venal ore Loans Hit Market This Week. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;7/5/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the launch of the term loans for Gentiva Health Services Inc. and Vertafore Inc. on the first week of July 2010 in the U.S. It mentions that the 600 million dollars term loan for Gentiva will be marketed by a bank consortium and the proceeds will be used to purchase...
- Industry News. // Eli's Hospice Insider;Sep2010, Vol. 3 Issue 9, pp70
The article offers news briefs related to hospice operations industry in the U.S. Gentiva Health Services Inc. has decided to close its acquisition of hospice chain Odyssey Healthcare Inc. The Death with Dignity Act of Oregon gives terminally ill patients the right to physician-assisted death....
- Firm investigates Odyssey for possible fiduciary breach. // Medical Device Daily;5/26/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 101, p6
This article reports on the investigation launched by law firm Robbins Umeda into possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by members of the board of directors of Odyssey HealthCare. The possible violations are related to Odyssey's merger agreement with Gentiva...