First Data Makes $500M Bond Offer
- First Data Pitching Processing Services in China. Kuykendall, Lavonne // American Banker;10/23/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 203, p8
Reports on the establishment of operations of the U.S.-based payment processor company First Data Corp. in China. Need for electronic payment system in China; Name of clients of the company in China; Other possible competitors of the company.
- First Data Driving By With $400M Term Loan. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;9/17/2012, p23
The article reports on the participation of First Data in the leveraged loan market with a first-lien term loan of 400 million U.S. dollars.
- First Data Upsizes Add-On Loan to $750M. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;9/17/2012, p35
The article reports on the move by First Data Corp. to upsize its incremental term loan B to 750 million U.S. dollars, nearly double the initial offering size of 400 million U.S. dollars.
- Vesta Withdraws 2nd Lien Loan Offering. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;12/10/2012, p5
The article reports on the decision of Vesta Corp., a provider of electronic payment services for the prepaid mobile phone market, to cancel its 95 million U.S. dollar second-lien term loan offering.
- Amex and 4 giant banks join Microsoft bill-payment venture. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;6/27/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 123, p1
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s joint venture with First Data Corp. to form MSFDC electronic payment services organization. Some of largest banks in the United States as members of the system; MSFDC's impact on the electronic payment market.
- Spillover seen from Microsoft-1st Data venture. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;7/7/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 128, p17
Reports on the impact of a joint venture between Microsoft Corp. and First Data Corp. on the electronic billing efforts by other companies. Impact of electronic-bill payment efforts on consumers; Advantages of electronic billing; Expected increase in the bill payment services market.
- Banks worried about Microsoft/1st Data. Clark, Drew; Barthel, Matt // American Banker;9/29/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 187, p10
Reports on the concerns of the banking community over Microsoft Corp.'s electronic billing venture with First Data Corp. Apprehension about being cut out of electronic bill payment; Issue on sharing of revenues from bill payment transactions; Similar plans by several banks.
- First Data Offering Digital Signatures. Kuvkendall, Lavonne // American Banker;2/26/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 38, p5
First Data Corp. has a new security product for business customers that generates a digital signature for phone or Internet transactions. DataSign is a microchip made to the same specifications used by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, and other government...
- Debit Transactions Continue to Grow in Popularity. Swann, James // Community Banker;Nov2007, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p84
This article reports on a study on the use of debit cards by consumers in the U.S. in 2007. Conducted by First Data Corp., the study showed that consumers are much more likely to use debit cards for point-of-sale transactions. It found that both PIN-based debit and signature debit have seen...