Cooling-Tower Design for Critical Applications
- Intelligent Controller Adds 'Smarts' To Basic Fan For Quiet, Effective Cooling. Hanrahan, David // Electronic Design;9/17/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 19, p78
Focuses on the trend in designing cooling electronic systems. Effects of using the right controller on the speed and temperature response of fans; Factors to consider in adding a fan; Discussion on the salient points in designing cooling systems.
- Back to Basics. Ellis, Rebecca; McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p11
Presents a design test and a commissioning test of draw-through cooling tower system for heating, ventilation and air conditioning situations. Applications and sequences of operation for draw-through cooling towers; Size of propeller fans in very large draw-through towers; Use of two-speed...
- Trends in cooling towers. Katzel // Plant Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p38
Describes some of the trends in cooling tower construction. Cooling towers as the most neglected and ignored plant systems; Types of cooling towers; Aesthetics and environmental concerns as the most important factors affecting cooling tower construction. INSETS: Tips for selecting a cooling...
- DEC fish proposal would fry New York jobs. Gordon, Marsha // Westchester County Business Journal;7/5/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 27, p4
In this article the author comments on the proposal of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to build cooling towers for industrial facilities which may contribute to air pollution.
- Best Practices in Cooling Tower Reconstruction. Coy, Greg // Power Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p64
The article describes the best practices for constructing cooling towers. It states that old ones require constant maintenance due to age, limitations of the materials used, and operating conditions. It claims that it can be cheaper and more efficient to rebuild a new one, and presents a...
- Vietnam Refinery Adds Cooling Towers. // Process Cooling;May2014, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p43
The article reports on the contract of Arona, Italy-based Spig SpA to design and supply two cooling towers for the Nghi Son refinery south of Hanoi, Vietnam.
- SPIG Provides Natural Draft Cooling Tower in Russia. // Process Cooling;Apr2014, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p41
The article reports that the natural draft cooling tower project in Russia has been successfully completed by SPIG which designed and supplied for the improvement of a chemical plant.
- Loviisa's new air cooling system completed. // Modern Power Systems;Jun2015, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p39
The article reports on the completion of the construction of the new air cooled cooling towers at energy company Fortum's Loviisa nuclear plant in Finland and reveals that the air cooling system will enhance safety at the power plant in an extreme situation.
- Open Cooling Tower Design Considerations. PETERSON, KENT W. // ASHRAE Journal;Feb2016, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p50
The article looks at several considerations for open cooling tower design including selection criteria, open piping system, and modulating flow.