Natatorium Dehumidification Units Improve IAQ, Boost Energy Efficiency
- The heat is on to buy a pool. Seisler, J. // Consumers' Research Magazine;May88, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p19
A list of questions and answers to help with a decision to install a backyard pool. Covers kinds of pools, cost, land, siting, legal restrictions, liability, safety, installation, pool maintenance and the cost; Where to write for more information. INSET: How to keep your pool looking new..
- Pools. Kellum, Jo; Chaplin, Van // Southern Living;Aug94, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p70
Offers advice concerning the construction of swimming pools. Sample designs.
- New pool rules. Kellum, Jo // Southern Living;Jun96, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p86
Focuses on the design of a swimming pool in Greenville, South Carolina. Description of pool; Comments from the owner, Deborah McCauley; Information on the construction of the pool. INSET: Afraid of the dark..
- Vanishing Act. Danninger, Jenna // Aqua;Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p74
The article offers information on the design and features of the 60-foot vanishing edge pool in San Diego, California designed by Troy Wensel of Escondido-based Agua Tierra Pool & Lanscape Design Center.
- + Pool = Good For New York. // Aqua;Sep2011, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p18
The article offers information on the + Pool project, a swimming pool that floats in the East River in New York, designed by Archie Lee Coates IV and Jeffrey Franklin with Dong-Ping Wong.
- This pool is a natural. Stith, Mark G. // Southern Living;May94, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p90
Features San Antonio, Texas residents Gary and Janet Beahm's swimming pool. Shape; Waterfalls; Location of cabana.
- Getting it right. Griffiths, Sean // Building Design;9/19/2003, Issue 1594, p36
Comments on the controversy surrounding the alleged faulty design of the swimming pool at Clissold Leisure Centre in London, England. Architect involved in the project; Alleged defects of the swimming pool; Implication of the controversy on the construction and architectural industries.
- Indoor Artistry. // Aqua;Jun2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p13
The article offers information about a swimming pool located in Atlanta, Georgia that was designed by Brian Van Bower and mentions that characteristics of the pool which include black onyx granite finish, glass tiles and radiant floor heating system.
- Pools make a big splash. Burrow, Clive // House Beautiful;May93, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the innovations, color experimentations, technology and illusions pools have undergone since the 1950s. Stylized designs by the late landscape artist, Thomas D. Church; Free-form shapes; `Beach entry'; Bolder-bordered; `Negative edge'; Pebble Tec material; National Spa and Pool...