ASHRAE VP Addresses DOE on Std. 189.1
- ASHRAE Requests Comments. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/6/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (AESHRAE) is seeking public comments for the proposed adenda to the Standard 189.1-2009, Standard for the Design of High-Performance, Green Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings.
- GREEN BUILDING STANDARDS SIMPLIFIED. // Buildings;Oct2014, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p22
The article reports on the combination of the ASHRAE Standard 189.1 and the International Green Construction Code (IgCC) into a single regulatory tool in 2014.
- ASHRAE broadcast focuses on IAQ, sustainability. // Snips;Mar2009, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p44
The article reports that the Chapter Technology Transfer Committee of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) will hold a free broadcast entitled "Clean, Lean and Green--IAQ for Sustainable Building" on April 22, 2009.
- ASHRAE updates green HVAC construction standard. // Snips;Jan2015, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p32
The article highlights the revised 2014 version of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers' (ASHRAE) green building standard No. 189 "Standard For the Design of High-Performance, Green Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings."
- First bEQ-Rated Colombian Bldg. // ASHRAE Journal;ASHRAE Insights Feb2016, p3
The article offers information on the first Building Energy Quotient (bEQ) rating awarded by the organization American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) to the Bancolombia Bank Building in Colombia.
- THE BENCHMARKETING BOOM. Beverly, Robert // Engineered Systems;Apr2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the building energy quotient (bEQ) of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- ASHRAE Releases New GreenGuide. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/13/2010, Vol. 241 Issue 15, p21
The article reports on the publication of the third edition of "GreenGuide: The Design, Construction and Operation of Sustainable Buildings," which features guidelines on sustainable energy planning, teaming strategies and infornation on carbon emission, released by the American Society of...
- ASHRAE Proposes Changes to Green Standard. // Buildings;Jul2011, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p14
The article discusses five changes proposed by the American Society of Heating Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) to its green building design standard, including extending the five-year tree growth rate to 10 years, treating porous pavers and open-graded aggregate, and...
- Sustaining Our Future By Rebuilding Our Past. Holness, Gordon V. R. // ASHRAE Journal;Aug2009, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p16
The article focuses on the role of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineering (ASHRAE) in promoting sustainable building development in the U.S. It states that the ventilation industry can play a vital role in saving energy and reducing the collective carbon...