Denver fleet adds four Freightliner hybrids
- Hybrid electric trucks to be tested. // Overdrive;Dec97, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p94
Reports on progress of various manufacturers in developing hybrid electric trucks. Features of the hybrid electric concept vehicles developed by Navistar International Corp. in partnership with Lockheed Martin; Volvo's commercial tests of eco-friendly hybrid trucks.
- Hybrid future. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Jul2002, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p37
Comments on the integration of the hybrid technology into trucks. Advantages of hybrid technology; Factors needed to be address for trucks to get the same benefits from the technology; Outlook for the hybrid trucks.
- Volvo attempts World speed record. // Motor Equipment News;Apr2012, p33
The article focuses on the attempt to be made by Mean Green, which is the fastest hybrid truck in the world, to go over 260 kilometers per hour on April 27, 2012 in Utah.
- Big Trucks Go Hybrid. // Popular Mechanics;Nov99, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the gas-electric Class 8 hybrid truck based on a Kenworth T-800B chassis by engineers from PAC-CAR in Seattle, Washington.
- Hybrids in the Army Now. McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;Aug2001, Vol. 259 Issue 2, p25
Reports on the plans of the United States Army and DaimlerChrysler to develop a hybrid-drive truck based on the Dodge Ram model.
- Liebherr Mining Trucks Try Out Lighter Frames. Rubenstone, Jeffrey // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/8/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p69
The article features the Liebherr's prototype TI-274 mining truck, a diesel-electric hybrid truck.
- Stop-start the key to hybrid benefits. Bunting, Alan // Motor Transport;2/1/2007, p21
The article focuses on the implications of the growing interest in battery enhanced engine power for commercial vehicles in Great Britain, the U.S. and Japan. It argues that the emissions and fuel-saving benefits of hybrids only become worthwhile under stop-start conditions. It cites the...
- Hybrid Vehicle Offers Many Advantages. Gilmore, Gerry J.; Baker, Karen // Soldiers;Dec99, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p36
Introduces the hybrid vehicles developed by United States Army automotive engineers in partnership with the private sector. Statement from Robert Crow III, the Army program manager for hybrid vehicle project; Features of the hybrid truck; Forecasts on the development of commercial trucks which...
- Hybrids: Creating incentives. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Jul2007, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on Hybrid Truck Users Forum's (HUFF) launch of an Incentives Working Group for the manufacture and purchase of medium- and heavy-duty hybrids in the U.S. HTUF's user-driven approach to help the commercialization of hybrid technologies has already achieved significant...