PACKS WITH PURPOSE
- Merrell Strides Into Bags. McKinney, Melonee // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/19/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 82, p12
Announces the launch of a bag collection of Merrell. Identification of bag styles available in the collection; Price range; Discovery of outdoor specialty stores as the primary retail focus of the brand.
- Turn On, Tune In, Get Out. Davis, Shannon // Backpacker;Dec2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p81
Evaluates technological innovations used in backpacking.
- UPC Scanner Pricing Systems: Is the Consumer Really Better Off? Goodstein, Ronald C.; Escalas, Jennifer Edson // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p478
Tests and supports consumers' concerns regarding the use of scanner systems in retail deception. Rate of overrings and underrings; Arguments; Implications for public policy makers, retailers and academics.
- Finding the information gold in mountains of data. Bogan, Dan // Chain Store Age;Feb96, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p164
Comments on the state of retailing technology as its moves to the 21st century. Proliferation of computing and scanning technologies; Competitive advantages; Increased customer demand for more value; Importance of detail data for retailers; Technologies aimed to provide significant cost savings...
- Who's using whom? // Chain Store Age;Feb96, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p176
Reports on technological developments in the retail industry in the United States as of February 1996. Includes news on the completion of Indyme's installation of its ShopTalk II customer service system in 898 Fred Meyer stores; Chainwide rollout of the People-Planning labor management system...
- Who's using whom? // Chain Store Age;Jan1997, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p168
Reports on the developments related to retail technology in the United States. Akatsuki Printing Co.'s installation of retail software from GERS Retail Systems; WestPoint Stevens Stores and Glen's Markets' installation of the Merchandise Management System from JDA Software; Michaels Stores'...
- Getting past the `Gee whiz'. Verdisco, Bob // Discount Store News;7/13/98, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p19
Focuses on the effect of technology on retail trade in the United States. Emergence of database marketing and category management from information technology; Utilization of database marketing to customize customer solutions in retail trade; Development of interactive relationships with...
- Scanning: Marketers read between the bar-coded lines. Abcede, Angel // National Petroleum News;Sep93, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p54
Analyzes scanning or the automatic reading of coded price off a product. Benefits offered by scanners; Refiner/marketer Diamond Shamrock's scanning program; Question on whether scanning slows down checkouts time; Technological advancements in and pricing of scanners; Problem with maintenance of...
- Big boost for signatures. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Sep93, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p66
Describes the use of Electronic Signature Capture (ESC) technology in retail trade. Recording of a credit card transaction signature as a digital image; P.C. Richard and Son's installation of ESC terminals chainwide; Contracts of chainwide implementations by Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Service...