- 20/20 TOOLBOX OVERVIEW. Tyrrell, Diane // Camping Magazine;Sep2008, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p18
The article provides information on the strategies for implementation of the 20/20 Vision of the American Camping Association (ACA). These are increasing outreach to camper participants, including those from diverse populations, reaching out to the broader public and communities, encouraging...
- into the woods. // Consumer Reports;Jul2005, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p65
Discusses camping and how it became popular in the 1950s. Details of an article in "Consumer Reports" in 1956; Comparison of tents then and now; Article in this issue about tents.
- THE OUTDOOR RECREATION ECONOMY KEEPS ON GROWING. // Bow & Arrow Hunting;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses facts about the outdoor recreation (OR) industry in the U.S. which were revealed in the Outdoor Industry Association's "State of the Industry Report" released in summer 2012, including the OR spending of Americans each year and the number of Americans who make a living off OR.
- BETA YOURSELF CAMPING. // Stuff;Jul2014, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p119
The article offers some tips on the factors to be considered during a camping activity. Recommendations include choosing an affordable tent, trying an item before buying it, and investing in a camping mat. Other suggestions include selecting a good location, looking for a place with natural...
- CAMP OUT ONLINE. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jul2005, Issue 632, p46
Presents tips on how to prepare a tent for a camping trip. Description of the tents suitable for camping; Techniques for setting up a tent; Comparison chart of military tents.
- Rec agency seeks citizens for committee. // Wenatchee Business Journal;May2005, Vol. 19 Issue 5, pA11
Reports that the Interagency Committee for Outdoor Recreation is looking for volunteers to serve on a planning advisory committee which will help design a statewide recreation participation survey in Washington. Claim that the Interagency Committee is looking for someone whose livelihood depends...
- Cold comfort. Jones, Stephen // Geographical (Geographical Magazine Ltd.);Dec2007, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p81
The article offers tips on the best kits for climbing the mountains in Antarctica. The tents need to be strong and equipped with snow valances. Inside the tent, the author recommends using a four-millimetre polyethylene foam sheet from Pentonville Rubber to cover the whole floor as an insulating...
- Build a Portable Platform. Truini, Joseph // Outdoor Life;Sep2004, Vol. 211 Issue 7, p112
Presents information on how to make a portable wooden tent platform for outdoor living. Materials to be used; Procedure.
- UK outdoor spending highlighted in new report. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Reports that campers, walkers, and other outdoor enthusiasts spent an average of $907 per head on weatherproof clothing, fleece, boots, rucksacks, sleeping bags, tents, and other equipment in 2003 according to research published by Go Outdoors. The survey was conducted among visitors to...