- Into the Great Outdoors. Pallerino, Michael // SGB;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p8
In this article the author explores his childhood memories of outdoor recreation, how people are opting for outdoor recreation to escape the gloomy environment, and discusses articles on new products related to the industry in this issue of the journal.
- Aiming higher. Ammenheuser, Maura K. // Shopping Centers Today;Oct2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p35
The article presents corporate profile of North Face Inc. in San Leandro, California. The company sells outdoors apparel and equipment, retail and wholesale, for skiing, snowboarding, hiking, camping and rock mountain climbing. According to Lindsay Rice, vice president at the said industry, that...
- DATAMONITOR: Bass Pro Shops, Inc. // Bass Pro SWOT Analysis;Sep2010, p1
The article presents a company profile of Springfield, Missouri-based Bass Pro Shops Inc. and offers a SWOT analysis for the company. Bass Pro offers fishing and recreational boats through its nationwide chain of sporting and outdoor goods outlets. The company's weaknesses are product recalls...
- Invasion of the webfoots. // Backpacker;Dec92, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p73
Considers the popularity boom which snowshoeing has undergone and presents information on snowshoes. Manufacturers' development of lighter but tougher designs that are easier to use than the old-fashioned, temperamental shoes; History of snowshoes; Top snowshoes, including Atlas Snow-Shoe Co.,...
- A warm night's sleep. // Backpacker;Dec92, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p78
Evaluates equipment used by outdoors lovers. L.L. Bean North Col -30 degrees goose-feather sleeping bag; Alpine ski touring on alpine touring (AT) skis; Contact points; Details. INSET: Gear corner (BCX Pullover from Wild X and the High-Output....
- How to make a salesperson squirm. Hostetter, Kristin // Backpacker;Mar1995, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p19
Presents information on outdoor recreation equipment. Difference between a down and a synthetic sleeping bag; Difference between an internal-frame and external-frame pack; Difference between a three-season and four-season tent.
- Hit the sack. Getchell, Dave // Backpacker;Mar1995, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p143
Evaluates different sleeping bags available from outdoor recreation equipment manufacturers in the United States. Definitions of sleeping bag terminology; Explanation of bag type and usage codes; Temperature rating; Shell material; Fill material; Sizes; Names of manufacturers and information on...
- The backcountry mattress. Hostetter, Kristin // Backpacker;Mar1995, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p171
Evaluates different sleeping pads available from outdoor recreation equipment manufacturers in the United States. Ways to recycle old sleeping pads; Mattress mending tips; Explanation of pad type and feature codes; Names of manufacturers and information on the sleeping pad models they offer.
- Shelter from the sun and rain. // Government Product News;Feb96, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p94
Features a sun and rain shelter for family outings. Expandable frame and canopy; Adjustable height; Available sizes.