ALL HANDS ON DECK
- ATHLETIC LIFESTYLE: NIKE SB. A. G. // Footwear Plus;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p32
The article profiles Nike SB, winner of the Athletic Lifestyle category in the 2010 Plus Awards.
- ARE YOU ON THE LIST? Rainey, Candice // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Aug2005, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p44
Reports on the opening of the NikeiD Studio store by shoe company Nike Inc. in Manhattan, New York City.
- TEST-RUN. Kirby, Mark // National Geographic Adventure;Oct2005, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p48
Evaluates the Free 5.0 Trail shoes from Nike Inc. Keys features; Pros and cons; Price.
- World Class. Beaudry, Jennifer Ernst // FN: Footwear News;6/7/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 20, p50
The article presents brief information on athletic shoes worn by football players during the 2010 Football World Cup, such as Mercurial Vapor SuperFly II Elite from Nike Inc., F50 AdiZero from Adidas AG, and PowerCat 1-10 Tricks from Puma.
- ATHLETIC: BUZZ. // FN: Footwear News;1/15/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p17
This article offers news briefs related to the footwear industry in the U.S. Osiris Shoes collaborated with graffiti artist Mear One for the third installment in its artists series collection. Nike will launch the Jumpman Jeter Vital, the seventh signature baseball shoe for New York Yankee...
- CULTIVATING COOL. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;4/11/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p5
Reports on Oregon-based Nike Inc.'s introduction of retro-style shoes to capture the influential surf and skate crowd. Introduction of Nike's line of skateboarding shoes; Competition facing Nike against Vista-based DC Shoes Inc., which was bought by Huntington Beach-based Quicksilver Inc.; Sales...
- Analysts Upbeat on Nike/FL Concept. Derby, Meredith; Sammon, Lindsay E. // FN: Footwear News;5/28/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p14
The article offers the views of analysts on the House of Hoops basketball concept stores launched by Nike and Foot Locker's. Nike announced plans to open up to 50 new House of Hoops by Foot Locker specialty stores in the U.S. over the next three years, with an option to expand depending on the...
- Reinventing: THE SHOE WALL. Powell, Matt // SGB;Feb2009, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on the marketing and merchandising strategy in athletic footwear industry in the U.S. It states the prevalence of American youth who like to wear denim pants and sneakers as well as the decrease of numbers of children who are interested in sports. In addition, it highlights...
- Training Day. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses whether the revival of cross-training shoes will re-energize the performance of footwear market. Companies like Nike Inc. and Under Armour Inc. have launched new initiatives to drive sales across all performance footwear categories. According to industry estimates, the...