What's On Tap
- Retail footwear sales. // Golf World;
Presents a chart regarding the price change of retail footwear sales in sporting goods stores in 2002 and 2003.
- SGMA: Sporting Goods Sales Increased in 2007. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that sporting goods sales in the U.S. increased at an annual rate of 3.3 percent in 2007. Driving the gains were continued strength in athletic footwear, licensed athletic merchandise, fishing, firearms and martial arts. Stability in the fitness equipment, sports apparel, and...
- Efforts Focus on Olympics, Worm Cup, NBA. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;1/7/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the marketing efforts for the athletic footwear and sports retail industries in the United States as of January 7, 2002. Increase in athletic footwear sales through August 2001; Plan of Adidas to increase its marketing spending; Features of the marketing program of New Balance.
- 3-D OutDry technology for waterproofing shoes. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p62
Reports that the Italy-based Nextec company has announced an upgrade to the OutDry footwear technology which offers fully stitched footwear uppers that are laminated with a continuous membrane to fully cover all seams and water penetration points.
- Sports Gear, Clothing And Sneaker Sales Exceed $52 Billion. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Feb2006, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p105
Presents data on the U.S. sports products industry, according to the Recreation Market Report of Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association International in 2005. Five largest categories of sporting goods equipment; Sport categories registering significant sales gains; Largest categories in...
- ispo BrandNew Winners announced. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;May/Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
The article announces the winners of the 16th ispo BrandNew awards for sports equipment including the overall winner Easy Glider electric wheel motor, the hardware accessories award for the Naturistick Fertilizer Cleats and hardware summer award to Extrong Surf Runner multi-function sports device.
- GEARING UP FOR WINTER. // Newsweek;12/16/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 25, p75
Details sporting goods designed for winter. Nike's Sphere running gear; The Yaktrax Walker, which fits over shoes and boots to offer extra traction; The Twilight Tracer, a golf ball that glows in the dark; Panoptx Cyclone sunglasses.
- Plastic Capsules Contain Helium. // Plastics News;09/20/99, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p33
Introduces a skate-shoe heel encapsulating helium developed by Converse Inc. Design; Materials used; Launching date; Participation of Converse at the 1999 Action Sports Retailer Trade Exposition in San Diego, California.
- Mall Index: Footwear, Sporting Goods Down. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;12/23/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p1
This article states that the Monthly Mall Merchandise Index in the U.S. reported sales per square foot on a seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) in sporting goods stores and bicycle shops of $239 for September 2008. The figure is down 7.6% from September 2007. Similarly, footwear sales per...