How I got where I am today
- People and posts. // People Management;Jan2016, p53
The article announces the career development of HR executives in Great Britain including the appointments of Bernard Martyris as group chief HR officer at Kuoni Group, Liz Bingham as people advisory services head at Ernst & Young, and Lynne Weedall as group HR director at Selfridges Group.
- The Carphone Warehouse reward strategy. // Human Resources (09648380);Sep2009, p25
The article offers information on the reward strategy of Carphone Warehouse Ltd. The move is a test of Carphone's commitment to put customer service at the core of its business. Lynne Weedall, company's director, states that it is a shift from short term to driving profit through brilliant...
- Glad we did that learning and development. // Human Resources (09648380);Sep2008, p9
The article reports on the training provided by the Carphone Warehouse Ltd. to help its sales team deliver insightful and impartial advice. Upon the completion of the training course, free Acer lap tops are to given for them to use. Lynne Weedall, the human resource (HR) director at Carphone,...
- Engage execs to develop fitting talent. Brockett, James // People Management;6/28/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p14
The article discusses the highlights of the 2007 Talent Management, Recruitment and Retention Conference. Carphone Warehouse's Lucy King said that personnel managers should engage top executives to ensure that talent management initiatives meet business needs. She shared that the company's...
- Do I have to leave to progress? // People Management;Jan2016, p49
The article provides an answer to a question on whether to leave a job of being a human resource (HR) manager to progress.
- Untitled. // Personnel Today;6/9/2009, p13
The article announces career developments of executives in Great Britain including Paul Brewer, who was appointed personnel director of Copart UK and Will Godfrey, who was appointed strategic director of resources at the Bristol City Council.
- Resourcing: moving to a new pool. Woolnough, Roisin // Resourcing;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 7, p22
The article reports on the growing demand for resourcing in the human resources (HR) companies in Great Britain. Resourcing is a great career proposition for almost all HR professionals because of its high profile and growth status that every organization objective. It explains that resourcing...
- â€¦career coach. Lees, John // Personnel Today;6/5/2007, p32
The article presents a reader's question on career development, which has been answered by an expert. The reader asked for suggestion from the expert on career path that is to be followed for becoming an human resource (HR) director. The expert suggested the reader on the significance of...
- What can I earn as a compensation and benefits officer in London? // Personnel Today;5/30/2006, p41
The article presents information on the career of a compensation and benefits specialist or an HR officer in Great Britain. One needs to be a graduate, either CIPD-qualified or part-qualified, with a minimum of 12 months' compensation and benefits experience, including knowledge of pensions and...