Stay in control when the going gets tough
- KEY STAT. // Coaching at Work;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
The article cites the number of days it takes for line managers to lose newly acquired coaching skills that they learned in a short course.
- Coach employees to success. // Communication Briefings;Jul2013, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p5
The article discusses the goal reality, options and what's next (GROW) methodology for coaching employees toward reaching their full potentials, adapted from the article "Can a Manager Be a Coach?," by Dan McCarthy.
- EMCC ROUNDUP. // Coaching at Work;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p13
This section offers news briefs on the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) which includes a study of Michael Moral on transformational qualities of French executives, a study by Erik de Haan on transformational moments, and David Megginson on coaching researchers.
- EDITOR'S TALKING POINT. HALL, LIZ // Coaching at Work;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses various topics within the issue including what to expect from coaching, the role of sponsors, and the boundaries of the professional executive coach role as distinguished from other coaching activity in organisations.
- MANAGER-AS-COACH. Robinson, Elaine // Coaching at Work;2008, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p18
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of conducting coaching sessions.
- Global Coaching Profession Continues to Evolve. WOLPER, JON // TD: Talent Development;Nov2016, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the 2016 International Coach Federation (ICF) Global Coaching Study which found that the percentage of coaches under 50 years old and over 50 years old is equal, and majority of coach practitioners and managers/leaders using coaching skills are female.
- AWP creates coaching by stealth. Campion, Jane // Coaching at Work;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the move of Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership (AWP) NHS Trust which created a community of solution-focused managers and leaders by stealth that resulted to a decrease in anxiety in their teams and an increase in employee's ability and action.
- Oh look, it's super coachâ€¦. Sparrow, Stephanie // Training & Coaching Today;Jul/Aug2007, p25
The author comments on the emergence of executive coach that are calling themselves super coaches. The author contends that super coaching is seen in some circles as the next big thing in coaching and mentoring, and comes at a time when the market needs a fresh injection of energy as it levels...
- A Coaching Blueprint. Hicks, Robert; McCracken, John // Physician Executive;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p62
The article discusses the blueprint to help in the operation of the coaching process. The authors talk about the stages of the coaching process including Support for Thought which builds professional rapport, Support for Action which builds readiness for change, Challenge for Thought which helps...