- Reducing headcount. // Employers Law;Nov2013, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to employee redundancies in Great Britain including who should be consulted about employee redundancies, giving notice of redundancies and varying employees' contractual terms and conditions.
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Dec2013/Jan2014, p4
A timeline is presented of employment laws that will be implemented in Great Britain in 2014, including the implementation of the changes to Collective Redundancies and Transfer of Undertakings, regulation freeze among businesses with less than 50 employees and Automatic Enrollment Regulations.
- TUPE changes come into force. // FM World;2/13/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p09
The article discusses the changes in the Collective Redundancies and Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations in Great Britain.
- FINANCIAL BURDEN BALANCES AGE ISSUE IN BENSON CASE. // Accountancy;Apr2012, Vol. 148 Issue 1424, p56
The article presents information on employment law and legislation in Great Britain as of April 2012, with information on the definition of age discrimination in a case seen by the British Employment Appeal Tribunal related to employee redundancy, involuntary retirement, early retirement.
- A new alternative to redundancy? // British Baker;10/23/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 20, Special section p3
The article offers information on the proposal of an Alternative to Redundancy (ATR) scheme by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) which pushes the government to adopt the scheme in Great Britain. The scheme, if implemented, will allow employers to place its staff on low pay for up to...
- REDUNDANCY CONSULTATION PERIOD CUT. // Accountancy;Mar2013, Vol. 150 Issue 1435, p81
The article reports that the British government has released changes to its labor law, the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992, which will reduce the redundancy consultation period from 90 days to 45 days and revise the exclusion of fixed-term contracts.
- Legal opinion... Collective redundancy and TUPE consultation -- don't forget the agency workers. Wynn-Evans, Charles // Employers Law;May2013, p11
The article discusses the court case Unison versus London Borough of Barnet and NSL Ltd. The employment tribunal ruled that Barnet failed to comply with its obligations on agency worker information. The information are in relation to a specific redundancy within the scope of Trade Union and...
- discussions online…. // Employers Law;Jun2008, p19
The article presents questions and answers related to employment laws in Great Britain, including dealing with an employee who cannot relocate or commute to a new location, disciplining an employee for misconduct outside working hours and paying a course fee which a company was supposed to repay...
- Opinion: Timing of collective redundancy consultations. Hewman, Darren // Employers Law;Dec2013/Jan2014, p10
The author discusses the issue of consultation of employee representatives in the context of collective redundancies. He observes that, in most cases, employers already have a final decision by the time consultation starts, particularly when it comes to the number of employees who will be made...