The kindest cut
- JOBS UNDERPIN RECOVERY. Aylmer, Sean // BRW;7/16/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p22
The article offers information on the recovery of jobs amidst the recession in Australia. It also notes that the factor that affects the steady state in the labour market is because of more flexible work practices while low interest rates and government hand-outs also helps. It also relates that...
- EDITOR'S COMMENT. O'Reilly, Noel // Employers Law;Sep2011, p3
The article discusses how employers and workforces are compelled to adopt a flexible approach to pay and conditions such as reduced hours, pay freezes and pay cuts and see a less regulated approach as the solution to workplace harmony.
- CAREER CLINIC. // People Management;Jul2012, p58
The article provides answers to a question about how employees can secure flexible working arrangements without creating disadvantages for themselves during the interview process.
- Don't Be a Labor Statistic. // Men's Health;Sep2014, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p26
The article provides tips on how to negotiate flexible work arrangements with employers.
- Partnerships Lacking In Creating Flex Arrangements. Gurchiek, Kathy // HR Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p18
The article discusses the report "Workplace Flexibility in the 21st Century: Meeting the Needs of the Changing Workforce," which was based on a survey on flexible work arrangements (FWA) in the U.S. conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) among human resource (HR)...
- Companies Increase Employee Flex Options. // OfficePro;Jul2010, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on a 2009 study by the Family and Work Institute (FWI) which showed that employers are increasing the variety of flexibility options that are available to their employees to get through the recession.
- Trabajo atÃpico en la UniÃ³n Europea. Guerrero, María Luisa Pérez; Burguillo, Emilia Castellano; Domínguez, Fernando Pérez // Gaceta Laboral;sep-dic2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p327
The fundamental objectives pursued in this study have been to make reveal the different manifestations of work performed in labor markets that are considered atypical. The most common forms of this atypical work have been analyzed, which are: part-time work, term-definite work and work done...
- Offer Your Employees Flexible Work Arrangements. // Eli's Rehab Report;Sep2012, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p70
The article discusses the retention of employees through offering them flexible work arrangement (FWA).
- Keeping track of time. // Employers Law;Feb2013, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to flexible working arrangements, including way to deal with an employee complaint about statutory flexible working request and the possibility for an employer to withdraw from a flexible working agreement.