- SERVANT LEADERSHIP: A JOURNEY INTO THE NATURE OF LEGITIMATE POWER AND GREATNESS (Book Review). Richardson, Barrie // Business Horizons;Jun79, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p91
Reviews the book 'Servant Leadership: A Journey Into the Nature of Legitimate Power and Greatness,' by Robert K. Greenleaf.
- Serve the servants. Arkin, Anat // People Management;12/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p30
The article reports on the servant leadership principle, developed by Robert K. Greenleaf. He developed the concept after a long career in management development at AT&T. Over the past 30 years his ideas have become so influential in the U.S. that the Robert K. Greenleaf Center in Indianapolis,...
- Five Necessary Attitudes of a Servant Leader. Boone, Larry W.; Makhani, Sanya // Review of Business;Winter2012/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p83
Executive Summary. Since the "servant leadership" concept was introduced by Robert K. Greenleaf in 1970, this style has been adopted by many successful leaders in a variety of contexts. Is the servant leadership style right for you? This article helps to answer that question for many leaders who...
- Refreshing Your Philosophy of Servant Leadership as a Christian Librarian. Olson, Nancy J. // Christian Librarian;2010, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p48
The article discusses servant leadership from the perspective of a Christian librarian. In an essay written by author Robert Greenleaf, servant leadership was defined as a person's act of wanting to serve. Servant leaders believe that their responsibility is a calling from God that requires...
- Servant Leadership. Spears, Larry C. // Leadership Excellence Essentials;May2009, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p20
The article discusses the ten characteristics that contribute to servant leadership. According to retired AT&T executive Robert K. Greenleaf, servant leadership begins with the natural feeling that one wants to serve. The characteristics identified include listening; empathy; healing of...
- Servant Leadership (Book). Teo, Wesley K.H. // Library Journal;8/1/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p1655
Reviews the book 'Servant Leadership: A Journey Into the Nature of Legitimate Power and Greatness,' by Robert Greenleaf.
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP (Book Review). Langan, John // Theological Studies;Mar78, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p189
Reviews the book 'Servant Leadership,' by Robert K. Greenleaf.
- The Church can learn from 'servant leadership'. Byron, William J. // Pastoral Review;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p34
No abstract available.
- PEOPLE POWER. O'Hara, Kristy J. // Smart Business Northern California;Nov2010, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p10
The article focuses on the management abilities of Juvenal Chavez Sr., founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of the retail chain Mi Pueblo Foods in the U.S. According to Chavez, focusing on care and respect in handling the employees and customers is one of the key factors for success. It...