Councils jump at job creation opportunity
- Are transplant jobs good or bad?Clinton gurus differ. Gates, Max // Automotive News;3/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5543, p3
Reports on debates between Bill Clinton administration policy makers on whether Japanese transplant jobs are good for the economy. Importance of high-wage jobs regardless of where they come from according to assistant secretary of labor for employment and training Doug Ross; Effects of...
- Reform job creation, not welfare. // USA Today Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 125 Issue 2616, p11
Shares sociologist David Fasenfest's contention that United States policies on job creation need to be reformed. What Fasenfast calls the war on the poor in the 1990s; Number of employed people who remain impoverished; Problem in the types of jobs being created; What changes need to be made.
- Employment & training. Harper, Todd // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1992, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p11
Details the Australian government's job creation program for 1993, as presented in the November 14, 1992 issue of `Age.' Provision of $174 million for the program; Planned creation of 11,000 new jobs; Offer of large business subsidies.
- Govt takes one-off decisions on almost HUF 160 billion of job-creation subsidies since 2004. // Hungary A.M.;03/25/2013, p7
The article informs that the governments of Hungary as of March 2013 have awarded 160 billion Hungarian forints in workplace creation subsidies for investments based on one-off decisions since 2004, according to a letter written by National Economy Minister MihÃ¡ly Varga.
- Pa. creates energy project loan fund. Veronikis, Eric // Central Penn Business Journal;12/18/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p2
The article reports that Pennsylvania commonwealth is going to utilize 12 million dollars in federal recovery for the creation of a revolving-loan fund to support job creation in energy efficiency projects.
- When all else fails, bite ankles. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/7/94, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p10
Looks at the reaction of Alberta's Liberal MLAs to employment winners and losers in the province. Their heckling, braying, taunts and desk-thumping mark a distinct tactical change since Liberal leader Laurence Decore promised Grits in the legislature wouldn't be ankle biters like the New...
- Maharashtra textile dept plans to generate 15K jobs in Vidarbha. // Colourage;Dec2013, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p113
The article informs that the Department of Textiles, Maharashtra, India, has planned to offer seven packages for Vidarbha region with projected investment of 1,800 crore rupees with an aim to generate 15,000 jobs and presents the views of textile minister Mohammad Arif Naseem Khan, on the issue.
- UAE. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/14/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p25
Discloses the move of the Presidential Court of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates to identify ways of finding more jobs for nationals in the private sector. Focus on the hotel and tourism industry and medium-to-large-sized private companies; Percentage of the local workforce made up by...
- McConnell, Ryan push back against Obama tax proposal. // Hill;9/19/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 126, p6
The article reports on the criticism made by leaders of the U.S. Republican Party including Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan to the jobs plan of U.S. President Barack Obama in 2011.