Protecting Assets More Important Than Market Gains
- Timeout trouble. // Pensions & Investments;12/10/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the collapse of Enron Corp. on capital market in the United States. Changes in replacing the record keepers and 401 (k) providers; Impact of no-trading on the 401 (k) participants; Difficulties encountered by the 401 (k) in recovering losses because of shrinking corporate...
- Correction. // Credit Union Times;9/19/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p14
A correction to the article that misstated asset losses at a small credit union that was published in the September 12, 2012 issue is presented.
- Man assets drops 3.9% as CEO calls for 'more sustained period of performance'. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;5/3/2013, p15
The article reports on the decline of Man Group PLC's assets by 3.9 percent during the first quarter of 2013 despite a positive contribution from its investments.
- Bauba loss for the interim period widened to R 5.1 million. // World Mining News;3/15/2013, p2
The article discusses the 5.1 million rand-loss incurred by Bauba for the interim period and its ongoing exploration of its platinum assets which prevented the company from generating any revenue and declaring a dividend.
- City Digest. // Morning Advertiser;2/20/2014, Issue 136, p14
The article presents news briefs related to pubs across Great Britain for February 2014 on topics including decline in turnover at Heavitree brewery, brewer C2 released two sites as it looks to consolidate its assets and Pickles Pubs investing over 700,000 pounds in refurbishing sites.
- Profit fall fails to dent Slough's optimism. // Estates Gazette;3/23/2002, Issue 212, p47
Focuses on the fall in year-end net asset value (NAV) and profits reported by Slough Estates in 2002. Decline in fully diluted NAV per share; Increase in pre-exceptional pretax profits in 2001; Writedown of the value of the group's power plant at its Slough Trading Estate; Pretax deficit...
- Available-for-sale financial assets. // Accountancy;May2005, Vol. 135 Issue 1341, p97
Presents an accounting case study on available-for-sale financial assets. Recognition of an increase in value in the annual financial statements; Classification of the equity investment on the balance sheet; Reason for reversing an impairment loss on an investment in an equity instrument...
- France's Areva to reduce spending and sell assets. // Energy Today (Hungary);3/5/2015, p3
The article reports on the decision of the engineering company Areva SA to initiate cost cuts in its operations and investments and offer some of its business assets for sale and mentions a brief description of the company's 2014 financial profile and an assessment of the company's financial loss.
- Editorial: Branding and the new global village? Sayce, Sarah L. // Journal of Leisure Property;Jan2002, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p5
Introduces a series of article which focuses on branding and management of assets. Increase in business losses in Great Britain as of 2001; Description of the cultural globalization of the branded offer; Factors that have contributed to the preferred structure of management contracting;...