WHERE'S THE SIZZLE?
- BABY, YOU CAN DRIVE MY CAR. Fonda, Daren; Philadelphia, Desa; Szczesny, Joseph R. // Time;6/30/2003, Vol. 161 Issue 26, p46
Pity the automaker trying to pitch a new car to today's style-conscious young American. A boxy, SUV-like vehicle launched in 2002, the Honda Element is what Honda calls a "dorm room on wheels." It was designed to appeal to young drivers who want to pile in gear and friends; TV ads show sexy...
- Porsche includes ad business in DM review. // Marketing Week;5/17/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p10
The article reports that Porsche AG has extended its direct marketing (DM) review to include its advertising business in a move that could see it put a greater focus on above-the-line activity in Great Britain. It has been reported that Porsche was in talks with a number of DM agencies but it...
- Digital cars have starring roles. Buss, Dale // Automotive News;9/19/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6166, p22
The article reports that software is giving automotive marketers new tools to create TV commercials, print ads and other promotional materials using computer-aided design data collected during the vehicle-development process. Using a digital image has several benefits. It can reduce marketing...
- Multicultural ads go mainstream. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;11/26/2007, Vol. 82 Issue 6283, p4
The article reports on a new trend in the automobile industry in which automakers use their minority or multicultural agencies to create ads for the general market. While General Motors Corp. assigns its mainstream ad agencies to handle much of its advertising aimed at minority consumers, other...
- VW hopes to win Chinese hearts. Madden, Normandy; Webb, Alysha // Automotive News Europe;7/26/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p15
Reports on the marketing strategy used by advertising agency Dynamic Marketing Group to promote the Volkswagen (VW) automobile in China. Objective in using the Chinese-language written characters in the campaign; Increase in the sales of VW cars in the country in 2003; Chinese companies...
- Car buyers turn to Web for research. // New Media Age;4/15/2004, p15
This article provides information on a research conducted by Autotrader.co.uk, concerning the buying behavior of automobile owners in Great Britain. According to the research, above half of automobile buyers in the country purchase vehicles they initially find on the Internet. The research...
- Marketing & media: Digest. // Automotive News;10/18/99, Vol. 74 Issue 5843, p18
No abstract available.
- Ford S-Max. // Campaign;5/7/2010, Issue 18, p7
The article reports on the launch of a TV ad for Ford by Ogilvy Advertising that promotes the fun and sense of adventure to own a Ford S-Max.
- Russian market matures. Wright, Chris // Automotive News Europe;9/8/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p22
Reports on the market growth of the Russian automobile industry in 2003. Shift of sales pattern from low-technology to luxury car production; Prices of cars produced; Attitude of consumers in buying cars.