SINGAPORE'S 40 RICHEST
- Wilmar's Harvest. Nguyen, Lan Anh // Forbes Asia;Aug2010, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p41
The article provides information on Wilmar International Inc. founded by Kuok Khoon Hong and Martua Sitorus.
- Wilmar quadruples bio-plan. Kovac, Matt; Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;9/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p34
The article reports on the plan of Wilmar International to quadruple its biodiesel production in Indonesia. The company will invest $35 million to add two more biodiesel plants, with a capacity of 350,000 tonne per year each, in the second and third quarters of 2007. According to Kuok Khoon...
- Wilmar to raise $153M; eyes Indonesia biodiesel. Cheok Soh Hui // Chemical Market Reporter;7/24/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the plan of agribusiness company with interests in palm oil and biofuels Wilmar International to raise $153.2 million in a share placement in Singapore. The company will also construct its first biodiesel plant in Indonesia. According to Kuok Khoon Hong, chairman and CEO...
- Sinagpore's United Overseas Eyes Thai Bank. // American Banker;7/8/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 129, p24
Announces United Overseas Bank Ltd's decision to acquire a stake in Thailand's state-owned Radanasin Bank. Comments by United Overseas chairman Wee Cho Yaw.
- Palm Oil Pal. Tan, Jessica // Forbes Asia;9/1/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p51
The article profiles Peter Lim, a stockbroker and ranks number seven as the richest man in Singapore. Lim invested around $10 million in palm oil in 1991, where he did not know about the commodity. However, through the help of his long time friend, Kuok Khoon Hong, Lim financially prospered. Lim...
- Wilmar buys Sucrogen for $1.84bn. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that Singapore-listed crude palm oil producer Wilmar International Ltd. has acquired Australian sugars and bioethanol maker Sucrogen.
- SWEET SUCCESS. Buckley, James // Estates Gazette;6/11/2011, Issue 1123, p54
The article deals with the acquisition of the Aviva tower in London, England by the Kuok family of Malaysia for 288.2 million British pounds. It provides a background of the property portfolio of Robert Kuok, the media-shy former sugar magnate, outside Great Britain. Information is presented on...
- Singapore's 40 Richest. Nam, Suzanne // Forbes Asia;9/1/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p45
The article offers information on the top 40 richest men in Singapore. The 2008 richest man in Singapore, based on the total net worth, is Ng Teng Fong and family, with $7 billion net worth, because of a more in-depth valuation of his real estate holdings. The second place belongs to the Khoo...
- Buying Binge. KARMALI, NAAZNEEN; BAHREE, MEGHA; SAVAGE, PHYLLIS FANG; FLANNERY, RUSSELL; KILACHAND, SEAN; NAM, SUZANNE; JETLEY, NEERJA PAWHA; PHROMCHANYA, PHISANU; RAGHUNATHAN, ANURADHA; SCOTT, MARY E.; SORVINO, CHLOE; TAN, JESSICA // Forbes Asia;Aug2014, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p76
The article offers information on top 50th richest person in Singapore including Khoo Teck Puat, Kuok Khoon Hong and Ron Sim. Khoo Teck Puat is the founder of Maybank and investor in Standard Chartered Bank. Kuok Khoon Hong is the chairman and chief executive officer of palm oil giant Wilmar...