An ARM-Twisting Deal
- ARM stalks Intels with hard macro implementations of Cortex-A9 MPCore. // Electronics Weekly;9/23/2009, Issue 2399, p8
The article reports that ARM Computer Inc. has developed two hard macro implementations of its Cortex-A9 MPCore, one of which represents the next stage of its bid to compete directly with Intel Corp. in the personal computer and server markets. The hard macro operates at a 2 gigahertz clock rate...
- Oracle eases multi-core licensing. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;7/19/2005, p4
The article reports that Oracle has changed its software licensing policy on multi-core processors to address criticism its existing scheme is too expensive. In the past Oracle stated that for the purpose of licensing, users had to treat each core of a multi-core chip as a separate processor....
- Processor Vendors Target Small Basestations. GWENNAP, LINLEY // Electronic Design;9/8/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p18
The article discusses the goal of chip makers to reduce system cost to support a shift to smaller cellular basestations. It stresses the importance of integrating the digital signal processor (DSP) and central processing unit (CPU) for chip manufactures to meet their lower cost targets. It...
- Data protection outside Europe - part II. Cowan, Stephen // Credit Management;Mar2007, p36
The article presents several guidelines concerning the protection and exportation of personal data outside the European Economic Area. Data processors can use model clauses that impose obligations and enforceable rights in favor of the data subject to both data exporter and importer. The data...
- Untitled. Flinders, Karl // Computer Weekly;7/20/2010, p3
The article focuses on the decision of the government of Great Britain to ask information technology (IT) suppliers to reduce their cost of contracts with government departments. It mentions that government has listed 19 companies who will be asked to reduce cost of contracts which include...
- Computer question. // Your Church;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p8
Explains the difference between a computer's motherboard and its processor. Information on central processor unit.
- How to minimize the dangers of macro viruses. Ekhaml, Paul A.; Ekhaml, Leticia // Technology Connection;Feb96, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the monitoring files for unexplained changes in size or activity in determining virus-induced activity. Macro viruses on the World Wide Web; Protection of files; Sources for help in preventing infection by Macro viruses. INSET: Sources for help in preventing infection by macros..
- Intel Reveals More About Banius. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;10/7/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 41, p12
Focuses on Banius, Intel Corp.'s mobile-only processor that will rewrite the rules for the way microprocessors are evaluated. Information on the processor.
- Special Issue On Embedded Processors — Guest Editor Introduction. Givargis, Tony // International Journal of Parallel Programming;Apr2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p99
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Joann M. Paul and Brett H. Meyer and another by Peter Petrov and Alex Orailoglu on embedded processors.