- Argentina's Bankruptcy Law of 1995. Dobson, Juan M. // Texas International Law Journal;Winter98, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p101
Discusses the 1995 bankruptcy law of Argentina, which contemplates reorganizations and liquidation bankruptcy. Law's attempt to devise mechanisms that may salvage the enterprise without the debtor; Description of the notion of 'enterprise salvage'; Evidence of how unviable many Argentine...
- Practice opportunities serving those in distress in Chapter 11. Baldiga, Nancy R. // CPA Journal;May98, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the potential service opportunities provided by Chapter 11 bankruptcy rules to accountants. Overview of the Chapter 11 process; Evaluation of the reorganization plan; Factors to be considered in the feasibility review; Issue of plan feasibility; Creditor service; Debtor service;...
- Riese exits Chap. 11. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/21/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the reorganization of Riese Organization in the United States. Plans of opening restaurants in New York; Emergence of the National Restaurants Management Inc., the company's subsidiary from the Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Details on the settlement of claims to ALGM LLC, the company's creditor.
- Proposed law could help sort out tangled cross-border bankruptcies. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/07/99, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p13
Reports that part of the overall bankruptcy bill under consideration in the United States Congress will require countries to cooperate in multinational bankruptcy proceedings. Multinational reorganizations; Flaws in the current system of territorialism; Countries interested in the US move.
- When a strategic plan includes bankruptcy. Pearce II, John A.; DiLullo, Samuel A. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p67
States that when done effectively, securing temporary protection under the bankruptcy code can give a firm the opportunity to rebuild its resources and handle the task of becoming profitable and competitive. How business failures are adversely affecting the American economy; Highlights of the...
- Fewer going bankrupt. Morrison, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p23
Focuses on the number of bankruptcy cases filed in central Indiana. Statistics on the number of Chapter 11 reorganization cases in 2000; Elements in making a Chapter 11 reorganization successful; Role of the state of the economy in filing of Chapter 11.
- THE NEW NASTINESS. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/29/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 30, p24
Focuses on the restructuring of bankrupt companies in the U.S. Impact of the allegations of fraud on the restructuring process; Tendency of debtor in possessions to bring higher fees; Bankruptcy law governing big lenders.
- The End of Bankruptcy. Baird, Douglas G.; Rasmussen, Robert K. // Stanford Law Review;Dec2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p751
Discusses the legal aspects of corporate reorganizations in relation to bankruptcy. Attributes of financially distressed railroads that necessitated a law of corporate reorganizations; Connection of the concept of going concern value to the nature of the firm and transaction costs; Economic...
- An Overview And Comparison Of The Canadian And American Corporate Reorganization Regimes. Cohen, David F.W.; Kerr, Maxine M. // Business Credit;Jan2003, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p65
Compares the corporate reorganization regimes between Canada and the U.S. Details on the primary restructuring statutes of both countries; Link between the bankruptcy protection and business reorganization; Information regrading the law of reorganization.