Europe Still Calling
- Flurry of meetings amid threats that euro is on brink of collapse. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;11/29/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 163, p1
The article reports on the fear of a global recession because of the European debt crisis in 2011.
- Behind the Numbers. Shilling, Gary // Investment Advisor;Feb2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p24
The article discusses the recession being faced by Europe's economy.
- First-Half M&A Fall Sharply from Record 2011 Levels. WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Chemical Week;8/13/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 21, p10
The article discusses chemical industry merger and acquisition activity during the first half of 2012, reporting that worldwide industry acquisition activity has decreased due to economic conditions in Europe and uncertainty.
- EL PRETEXTO DE LA INFLACIÃ“N. LA POLÃTICA ALEMANA DE AJUSTES QUE PRIVILEGIA AL ACREEDOR. CARLOS DE LA POLA ZURITA, JOSE // Papeles de Europa;2012, Issue 25, p87
Under the subterfuge of inflation and by means of a strict conditionality in return for providing financial assistance to peripheral Europe, Germany is trying to consolidate an austerity policy that guarantees the payment of debts to German banks. The cuts imposed by Berlin, however, increase...
- Europe struggles to ward off recession. Ford, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;11/8/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 242, p1
Discusses the possible impact of economic problems in Europe on the launch of the euro currency. Problem of recession and unemployment in European countries; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States on the European economy; View that European economies have been...
- International Cost-Cutting. // Government Executive;Aug2010, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p8
The article offers several news briefs related to fiscal policy reforms by countries combatting the recession including the reduction of civil servant's salaries in Spain, freezing salaries of highly-paid employees by Queen Elizabeth II in Great Britain, and the plan to sell 6 percent of...
- CEE Banking Sector: Stability In Check. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/9/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the improving Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) banking industry as of May 2011. It mentions that the scenario is supported by a more encouraging economic forecast compared to the West. It likewise states that the expectations for the sector's continued improvement and...
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Spain Country Monitor;Feb2012, p4
The article reports on the economic conditions in Europe including the continuation of recession in Europe, Greek sovereign debt has experienced major contagion effects and Spanish government has tried to meet its ambitious budgetary targets.
- The. // Mortgage Strategy;11/14/2011, p34
The article analyzes the economic environment prevailing in Europe. According to a market research conducted by Barclays PLC the percentage of home owners who have never remortgaged outside of moving house in Great Britain is 58%. It is reported that, the size of the public debt of Italy has now...