MICHIGAN: Detroit School Grab Nixed
- Houston dist. puts out an rfp. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on a request-for-proposal to privatize the entire district, by the Houston Independent School District, of Texas. Where responses to the request can be presented; Estimation of Houston's annual foodservice volume; Comments from Terry Abbott press secretary for the district.
- Calif. school dist. may feed policemen. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the request of the police department of San Bernardino, California, to the San Bernardino Unified School District, that it submit proposals for meal services provided at special events. Information on the request-for-proposal; Comments from John Peukert, director of nutrition services.
- Tax hikes loom in suburbs. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;1/31/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p2
The article reports that suburbanites in Illinois face an outpouring of new tax and bond referendums in the April 5, 2005 election from government agencies grappling with everything from overcrowded schools to understaffed libraries. Many of the new tax proposals are clustered around the outer...
- MUNDAY CONSOLIDATED INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS. // Munday Courier (TX);5/ 3/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p4
The article presents the request for proposals which indicates that the proposals for students insurance coverage will be received by the Munday, Texas Consolidated Independent School District.
- Public Notice Request for Proposals. // Munday Courier (TX);5/ 3/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p5
The article presents the request for proposals in Munday, Texas Consolidated Independent School District, which is intended for District Wide Replacement of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems that are at least 10 years old.
- Legal Services: Getting What You Need with RFPs. Bennett, Kathleen M.; Pole, Kevin M. // School Business Affairs;Sep2005, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the preparation of request for proposals (RFP) by school district officials for services in the U.S. Problem being faced by attorneys when responding to RFP; Factors to consider when issuing an RFP by a school district; Suggested questions for the forms used for RFP.
- Strength in Numbers. Opsahl, Andy // Government Technology;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p24
The article deals with the cooperative purchasing of request for proposal (RFP) technology among jurisdictions of Los Angeles, California. The cooperative purchasing scheme has allowed various jurisdictions including the Los Angeles Unified School District to get lower prices through higher...
- Pearson Cut From LAUSD Reading Adoption. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the elimination of the Pearson Education Inc. from the reading adoption competition of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) in Los Angeles, California. It states that the school district discovered a press release that made Pearson submit a winning proposal. It...
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Presents news briefs concerning school foodservice in the U.S. as of May 15, 2005. Launch of a request for proposals by the Philadelphia school district in Pennsylvania in relation to its plan to outsource foodservice at its schools; Availability of nomination forms for the 2006 Foodservice...