IOWA: Schools OK Despite Cuts
- SLOVENIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jun2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p8
The article offers news briefs related to Slovenia as of June 2012, one on the decline of support towards the government of Prime Minister Janez Jansa, one on the expenditure cuts of the government, and another on the downgrade of three financial institutions by Moody's Investors Services Inc.
- Moody's: Public Finance Sector Remains Negative. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;4/17/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33896, p4
The article offers information on a report released by the bond rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. that shows in spite of economic growth, the U.S. public finance sectors have to face a negative outlook due to budget stress, weak revenue growth and federal budget cuts in the year 2013.
- Louisiana Universities Eyed for Downgrades Amid Budget Cuts. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;2/23/2016, p28
The article reports on budget cuts facing eight universities in Louisiana amid the state's financial crisis, which prompted Moody's Investor Service to consider a downgrade for the institutions based on various factors, such as the ability to adjust to the timing and magnitude of funding reductions.
- Despite Rhode Island Pension Fix, More Downgrades Loom. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/19/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33634, p5
The article reports on the new law designed to overhaul the public pension system in Rhode Island. According to Moody's Investors Service Inc., the local government face heighthened credit pressure and more ratings downgrades in 2012 due to strain governmental revenues and lagging statewide...
- Louisiana Hit with Second Warning About Budget Imbalance. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
The way Louisiana addressed a $487 million mid-year deficit with one-time budget cuts exacerbates credit pressures facing the state, Moody's Investors Service said.
- Moody's: Proposed 2013 Budget Cuts Would Hurt Hospitals. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr2012, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the new credit outlook by Moody's Investors Service Inc. which reveals that the nearly 360 billion dollars proposed cuts from Medicare and other health programs will force hospitals to continue finding new sources of revenue. It says that the not-for-profit hospitals are...
- Education inequality. Erickson, Kurt // Illinois Issues;Sep2012, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p21
The article focuses on the budget cuts in the state school funding for Illinois schoolchildren in the 2013 fiscal year. It reports that the budget cut has left school districts to receive less general state aid in the 2013 fiscal year. It informs that there has been about 3.6 percent overall cut...
- Moody's lifts US rating to 'stable'. Scott, Philip // Fundweb;7/19/2013, p14
The article reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded its forecast for the U.S. from negative to stable as it confirmed the U.S.'s AAA rating. According to Moody's, the U.S budget deficits have been declining and are expected to continue to decline over the next few...
- Rating Agencies Moody's: Negative Outlook Continues for Healthcare Sector. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct2011, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the implication of the healthcare reform uncertainty and Medicare budget cuts on the nonprofit healthcare sector in the U.S. which prompted Moody's Investors Service Inc. to declare the continuing negative outlook for the sector in 2011. It states that Moody's outlook is...