Fitch Cites Commercial Property Risks
- Fitch's Laskey Responds to San Diego Article. Laskey, Amy // Bondbuyer.com;11/6/2015, p10
The article talks about statistical rating organization Fitch Ratings' action on San Diego school district bonds of the San Diego Unified School District, California and discusses if the action was a shift in approach of Fitch Ratings.
- MICHIGAN: Pontiac's Bumpy TIF Ride. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32819, p9
The article reports on the ratings assigned by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to two outstanding series of bonds of Pontiac in Michigan. The credit bureau has downgraded its rating for the $6.2 million of tax increment financing (TIF) revenue bonds issued in 2002 by the Pontiac Tax Increment Finance...
- Fitch Cites the Risks of CRE. Seymour, Dan // Mortgage Servicing News;Sep2010, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p10
The article looks at a report released by Fitch Ratings Ltd. in August 2010, which focus on the vulnerability of special assessment and tax-increment financing bonds from the weakness of the commercial real estate market in the U.S.
- Forum: Tax Increment Financing. Diamond, John // National Tax Journal;Sep2014, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p651
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the empirical research of Tax Increment Financing (TIF) and its productive usage in the U.S., the changes in the amount, use and structural features of TIF debt and the impact of the...
- Fitch Predicts P&C Underwriting Profit to Improve in 2013. // Insurance Networking News;Jun/Jul2013, Vol. 16 Issue 3/4, p10
The article reports that the underwriting profits will improve in the U.S. property/casualty sector in 2013 as predicted by the rating agency Fitch Ratings Ltd.
- Fitch Kicks Butler County TIF Bonds Down to A. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/4/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33775, p1
The article offers information that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has downgraded its rating on 41.1 million U.S. dollars of transportation improvement bonds issued by the Butler County Transportation Improvement District, Ohio, to A from AA-minus. The bonds are payable from the revenue generated from three...
- Detroit bond rating lowered. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;5/16/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p38
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. on Thursday downgraded Detroit's rating on more than $1.1 billion of outstanding general obligation bonds from A to BBB+ with a stable outlook. Fitch also downgraded $183 million of outstanding bonds from the Greater Detroit Resource Recovery Authority...
- MISSOURI: Brentwood TIF Bonds Drop. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/6/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33245, p7
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. downgrades the tax increment financing (TIF) refunding and improvement revenue bonds for the Brentwood Square Project in Missouri. Fitch has revised the ratings of the project from A-minus to BBB-plus because of its exposure to retail volatility and...
- Alternatives to Property Tax Increment Finance Programs: Sales, Income, and Nonproperty Tax Increment Financing. Smith, Lauren Ashley // Urban Lawyer;Fall2009, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p705
The article discusses the traditional and nonproperty tax increment finance programs in each state in the U.S. It states that it is preferable to include nonproperty taxes in addition to property taxes within the tax increment to pay the development costs. It notes that some states' nonproperty...