Social-cognitive correlates of risky adolescent cycling behavior
- Every Airman is a Communicator. FEEST, GREG // Wingman;Summer2011, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses an article on safety education courses offered at the Air Force Safety Center, on ground safety and the dangers of operating automobiles, motorcycles and personal watercraft and another on lessons learned from riding a car...
- Drunk driving kills someone every 30 minutes. // New York Amsterdam News;12/26/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 52, p26
Reveals statistics of accidents due to drunk driving and how they are comparable to violent crimes committed intentionally. Efforts planned by law enforcement agencies to control threats of impaired-driving accidents in holiday season; Risk warnings to violators of law; Ways to help the...
- Children's bicycle safety education does not reduce injuries. Voukelatos, Alexander; Khan, Sufia // Health Promotion Journal of Australia;Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p152
The article highlights the findings of the authors that bicycle safety education program for children does not ensure the prevention of bicycle-related injuries. The authors conducted a study that assessed the effectiveness of a bicycle education program in the Macarthur area of Sydney, New...
- Traffic Accidents with Fatally Injured Drivers in Southwestern Croatia. čoklo, Miran; Stemberga, Valter; Cuculić, Dražen; Jerković, Romana; Bosnar, Alan // Collegium Antropologicum;Oct2008 Supplement 2, Vol. 32, p127
Traffic accidents represent a significant cause of death in Croatia, therefore being an important social and public-health problem. The aim of our study was to analyze the forensic characteristics of traffic accidents with fatally injured drivers in Southwestern Croatia. Study population...
- CYCLE SAFETY. // Body Bulletin;Mar2001, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p3
Offers advice on how to practice safety when cycling.
- DOES YOUR BIKE PASS INSPECTION? Koch, Ron // Bicycling;Mar2007, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p115
The article suggests five quick safety checks for bicycles that can be done at home and should be done before each ride.
- Children learn bicycle safety, importance of physical activity. // Jackson Advocate;2/2/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 16, p12A
The article highlights the Bicycle Club Rodeo safety training course hosted by the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation's Child Obesity Project on January 21, 2012.
- PROM NIGHT: MORE DANCING, NO DRINKING. Donaldson, Doug // Better Homes & Gardens;May2004, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p280
Provides tips on keeping teenagers safe from accidents during prom season caused by drunk driving. Renting of limousine cars in bringing them to the venue of the event; Limitation on the number of passengers if allowing them to drive themselves; Making an agreement of providing a pick up...
- You booze, you lose. // Scholastic Choices;Feb98, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the efforts of the police department in North Caroline to deter teenagers from driving under the influence of alcohol, by setting up checkpoints with Blood Alcohol Testing Mobile Labs also known as Batmobiles. Percentage of drunk drivers since the introduction of the system.