Use of psychotropic drugs before pregnancy and the risk for induced abortion: population-based register-data from Finland 1996-2006
- Factores ambientales y genÃ©ticos asociados al consumo de psicofÃ¡rmacos en mujeres adultas. Un estudio de gemelos de base poblacional. Rosagro Escámez, Francisco; González-Javier, Francisca; Ordoñana, Juan R. // Actas Espanolas de Psiquiatria;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p232
Introduction: Our objective is to determine the prevalence and factors associated to psychotropic medication consumption in a sample of adult females. Additionally, this study seeks to analyze the relative contribution of environmental and genetic factors to psychoactive medication use. Method:...
- More questions than answers! Clinical dilemmas in psychopharmacology in pregnancy and lactation. Desai, Geetha; Babu, Girish N.; Rajkumar, Ravi P.; Chandra, Prabha S. // Indian Journal of Psychiatry;2009, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p26
Women in childbearing age frequently suffer from mental illness. Maternal psychiatric disorders may have a devastating impact on the fetus and the newborn. Thus treating or preventing relapse of these disorders during pregnancy and puerperium is a clinical and ethical duty with the necessity to...
- Baby boosts mom's brain. Gallia, Katherine; Althoff, Susanne // Natural Health;May99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p25
Cites a study which showed that hormones released during pregnancy and nursing enrich the part of a woman's brain involved in learning and memory. Improvement in mental abilities of pregnant and nursing mice.
- First Abortion Clinic Opens On Irish Soil. McCORMACK, CLAIRE // America;11/12/2012, Vol. 207 Issue 14, p6
The article presents information on Ireland's first abortion clinic opened by Marie Stopes International in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It is stated that Northern Ireland has very strict regulations on abortion, and the procedure is completely illegal in the nation. The clinic will function...
- Audit of short term outcomes of surgical and medical second trimester termination of pregnancy. Mauelshagen, Annamarie; Sadler, Lynn C.; Roberts, Helen; Harilall, Mahesh; Farquhar, Cynthia M. // Reproductive Health;2009, Vol. 6, p16
Background: As comparisons of modern medical and surgical second trimester termination of pregnancy (TOP) are limited, and the optimum method of termination is still debated, an audit of second trimester TOP was undertaken, with the objective of comparing the outcomes of modern medical and...
- Escitalopram: A Review of its Use in the Management of Major Depressive and Anxiety Disorders. Waugh, John; Goa, Karen L. // CNS Drugs;2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p343
Escitalopram is the therapeutically active S-enantiomer of RS-citalopram, a commonly prescribed SSRI. The R-enantiomer is essentially pharmacologically inactive. Escitalopram 10 or 20 mg/day produced significantly greater improvements in standard measurements of antidepressant effect...
- Landmark publications in Psychopharmacology: the first 40Â years. Miczek, Klaus A. // Psychopharmacology;2001, Vol. 153 Issue 4, p399
- CME QUIZ. // Psychiatric Annals;Jul2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p538
A quiz about psychotropic drugs is presented.
- AGI Report Misrepresents Science on Abortion and Women's Mental Health. // National Right to Life News;Jun2006, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p16
Comments on the results of a study on abortion and its impact on women's mental health conducted by the Alan Guttmacher Institute. Role of abortion in the increased risk for anxiety, depression, sleep problems and suicidal behavior among women; Failure of the study to include adequate controls...