Home-based chlamydia testing of young people attending a music festival - who will pee and post?
- chlamydial infection. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p149
The article provides information on chlamydial infection. The condition is caused by a group of small micro-organisms called chlamydia, which physically are larger than viruses but smaller than bacteria. They cause a wide range of infections in humans and animals, and may spread between the two....
- Chlamydia trachomatis: importance in in-vitro fertilization? Moss, T. R.; Steptoe, P. C. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jan1984, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p70
The article offers information about a case where chlamydia infection in both husband and wife may have contributed to the loss of an implanted ovum on two occasions following in-vitro fertilization. Results of an examination showed that anti-chlamydial therapy to both partners was followed by...
- NEW RAPID TEST DEVELOPED TO DETECT CHLAMYDIA. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;3/1/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 5, piv
Describes the rapid test for Chlamydia developed by an international team of scientists.
- Limitations of Screening Tests for Asymptomatic Chlamydia. Miller, Karl E. // American Family Physician;1/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p172
Focuses on a study which dealt with the limitations of screening tests for asymptomatic chlamydia. Impact of the infectious disease on women; Range of the prevalence of chlamydial infections in adolescent and young adult women in the U.S.
- No Glove, No Love. Joffe, Alain // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Feb2006, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p199
The article examines the effectiveness of condoms in the prevention of Chlamydia trochomatis infection. Patients have been asked to fill out a questionnaires about their exposure to sexually transmitted infections and use of condoms. It was found out that those respondents who consistently used...
- Chlamydial Infections. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p238
Provides information on chlamydial infections. Causes; Assessment and diagnosis; Treatment.
- Chlamydia clue-up. Bell, Kate // Cleo;Jun2003, Issue 368, p156
Offers information on chlamydia, a sexually-transmitted bacterial infection. Complications associated with chlamydia; Symptoms of the infection; Approach used for the diagnosis of chlamydia.
- New selective screening policy for chlamydia warranted. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;11/6/2004, Issue 465, p5
Reports on the cost-effective analysis of screening among women with chlamydial infections. Strategies in women at risk for chlamydial infection; Age groups of women targeted by the strategies.
- parrot fever. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p591
An encyclopedia entry for "parrot fever" is presented. It refers to the common name for psittacosis.