Australia's National Bowel Cancer Screening Program: does it work for Indigenous Australians?
- Diffuse Sclerosing Variant of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma with Concomitant Thyrotoxicosis: A Case Report and Literature Review. Chan, Jessie Y. W.; Tsui, David K. K.; Polly Tsui; Tang Chung Ngai // Surgical Science;Mar2014, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p117
Diffuse sclerosing variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma (DSVPC) is a rare variant of conventional papillary thyroid carcinoma which was first reported in 1985. It appears to be more aggressive than conventional type of papillary thyroid carcinoma. We present a case in a 14-year-old girl who...
- Prostate Cancer: An Evolving Paradigm. Caso, Jorge R.; Mouraviev, Vladimir; Tsivian, Matvey; Polascik, Thomas J.; Moul, Judd W. // Journal of Endourology;May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p805
AbstractSince at least the early 1990s, stage and risk migration have been seen in patients with prostate cancer, likely corresponding to the institution of prostate specific antigen (PSA) screening in health systems. Preoperative risk factors, including PSA level and clinical stage, have...
- MANAGEMENT OF UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL CANCERS: HOW ARE WE DOING? // Gut;Apr2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 53, pA108
This article focuses on the management of upper gastrointestinal cancers by medical personnel. "NHS Cancer Plan" with earlier diagnosis and treatment of cancers is more so important in upper gastrointestinal (GI) cancers where the prognosis remains worse despite advances in treatment and hence a...
- Outpatient Theraapy. Alexander, Walter // Dermatology Times;Jul2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on the safety and efficacy of outpatient, self-administered chemobiotherapy for patients with metastatic melanoma in the U.S. Option for patients with metastatic melanoma; Design of the therapeutic method; Advantage of the method used in the prognosis of cancer patients.
- New test improved prostate cancer risk assessment. // Hem/Onc Today;7/10/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p8
The article reports that the genomic screening test called Oncotype DX has improved the ability to predict disease aggressiveness among patients at risk for prostate cancer.
- Who cares about cancer? Ramos, Joana // New Internationalist;Nov2003, Issue 362, p24
Focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of cancer in the U.S. Details on the progression of the disease; Inadequacy of services offered to the patients; Improvements in the efforts of drug companies to develop the cure for cancer.
- Overtreating earliest cancers -- but which ones? Neergaard, Lauran // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/19/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 144, pB6
The article focuses on the issue on the early detection of cancer tumors and how to treat them properly.
- Cervical screening offers best protection. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Jan2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1088, p60
The article reports on the efficiency of cervical screening as treatment for cervical cancer that is common to adult women.
- Outcomes of colorectal cancer in the United States: no change in survival (1986â€“1997) Rabeneck, Linda; El-Serag, Hashem B.; Davila, Jessica A.; Sandler, Robert S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2003, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p471
: ObjectivesThe past decade has witnessed important advances in colorectal cancer (CRC) screening and treatment. To assess the potential impact of these advances on CRC survival and incidence, we evaluated recent temporal trends in the United States.: MethodsUsing the nine population-based...