Total smoking bans in psychiatric inpatient services: a survey of perceived benefits, barriers and support among staff
- Staff feel the pressure when their work environment is constantly changing. // Nursing Standard;4/16/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p16
The article presents a study which assesses the effect of constant changes in the work environment on nurses in Great Britain. The study included 1,094 nurses of whom 416 were employed in intensive care units (ICUs) and 678 in general medical/surgical wards. It was found that changes in...
- Smoking-cessation programs can save employers money. King, Pat // Las Vegas Business Press;09/25/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p32
Reports on the workshop sponsored by the Southern Nevada Wellness Council on smoking cessation programs in the workplace. Cost of employee smoking to employers; Challenges in implementing smoking cessation programs in the state; Deaths related to smoking in the state.
- One year effectiveness of an individualised smoking cessation intervention at the workplace: a randomised controlled trial. Rodriguez-Artalejo, F; Urdinguio, P Lafuente; Guallar-Castillon, P; Dublang, P Garteizaurrekoa; Martinez, O Sainz; Azcarate, J I Diez; Aleman, M Foj; Banegas, J R // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;May2003, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p358
Provides information on a study that assessed the effectiveness of a smoking cessation intervention at the workplace. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusions.
- AnÃ¡lise dos registros de aÃ§Ãµes planejadas/executadas por gerentes de enfermagem de um hospital pÃºblico. Coelho, Maria Alice; Barbosa, Maria Alves; Silva, Maria Madalena Lacerda // Revista Eletronica de Enfermagem;2008, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p573
Documental study performed in a public hospital of GoiÃ¡s State, Brasil. The aims were identify the direction and the action focuses of the nursing managers of a hospital internment unity, and also to verify the execution percentage of the planned activities. They were analysed the nursing...
- Workplace ironies in the last century: Back to the future. Penson // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/20/99, Issue 322553, p7
Compares the workplace in the United States at the end of the 20th century with the work life at the turn of the 19th century. Paradoxical changes in the identity of the American working man; Revival of business ideals.
- Looking for great places to work. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/9/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 36, p2
The article focuses on the factors that make Fairfield County in Connecticut as the best place to work and live.
- Measuring climate to create a roadmap not a report card. Burns, Greg // Journal for Quality & Participation;Jan96, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p46
Offers tips on work climate assessment. Most common mistakes in work climate assessment; Factors to be measured by the assessment; Features of a ten-step climate assessment process.
- The myth of multitasking. Yu, Winnie // Shape;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p38
Presents information related to multitasking.
- Staying late again? Hammers, Maryann // Shape;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p38
Presents information related to work life.