Home-based voluntary HIV counselling and testing found highly acceptable and to reduce inequalities
- "What is the point of knowing?": Psychological barriers to HIV/AIDS Voluntary Counseling and Testing programmes in South Africa. Van Dyk, Alta C.; Van Dyk, Peet J. // South African Journal of Psychology;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p118
Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) programmes are regarded as an important strategy in the management of the HIV/AIDS pandemic worldwide. Such programmes, however, often have limited success due to various problems such as the existence of attitudes and beliefs that act as psychosocial...
- HIV clinic opens. // Hollywood Reporter;7/20/95, Vol. 338 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the opening of the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Community Services Center's Pedro Zamora Youth HIV Clinic in California on July 20, 1995. Memorializing of gay co-star of MTV's `Real World.'
- Magnet expands HIV/STI testing. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;3/20/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the expansion of the HIV and sexually transmitted infection testing capacity of the San Francisco, California-based gay men's health center Magnet.
- Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) for Human Immunodeficiency Virus: A Study on Acceptability by Nigerian Women Attending Antenatal Clinics. Ekanem, E. E.; Gbadegesin, A. // African Journal of Reproductive Health;Aug2004, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p91
This study was carried out among 345 pregnant women attending antenatal clinics at two health facilities in Lagos, Nigeria. It was undertaken to determine their knowledge and acceptability of HIV voluntary counselling and testing in pregnancy as a strategy for the prevention of mother-to-child...
- Impact of information leaflets on HIV test uptake amongst GUM clinic attendees: an update. Das, Satyajit; Huengsberg, Mia; Radcliffe, Keith // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Jun2004, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p422
In the Sexual Health Strategy, the targets of HIV testing uptake in genitourinary medicine clinics (GUM) are set at 40% by year 2004 and 60% by 2007. We assessed the uptake of HIV test amongst GUM clinic attendees, more than six months after introducing an information leaflet in place of verbal...
- Emerging Counselor Identity through the American Counseling Association and the Texas Counseling Association: An Historical Perspective. Robinson, Chester R. // Journal of Professional Counseling: Practice, Theory & Research;Winter/Spring2012, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p26
The American Counseling Association (ACA) and the Texas Counseling Association (TCA) both are professional organizations with distinct and unique ties to the counseling profession. Though their existence is nearly parallel, if not congruent, as both officially came into existence in the early...
- A Viconian Interpretation of Psychological Counseling. Hershenson, David B. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Sep83, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p3
Western culture moves through cycles in which faith, logic, and power succeed each other as the dominant structuring principles. Therefore, counseling evolved in this sequence.
- Preface. Owen, Fidan Korkut // Turkish Psychological Counseling & Guidance Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 4 Issue 34, piv
A preface to the "Turkish Psychological Counseling and Guidance Journal" is presented.
- Assessment of Community Mobilization and Home-based HIV Counselling and Testing Offered by Health Facilities in Rural Uganda. Shumba, Constance S.; Atuhaire, Lydia; Memiah, Peter; Atukunda, Ruth // African Journal of Reproductive Health;2013 Special Edition, Vol. 17 Issue 4 Special, p171
Home-based HIV counselling and testing (HBHCT) and community mobilization have been proven to be effective in increasing the number of people linked to HIV care and treatment. An assessment was conducted in 18 health facilities in Uganda to evaluate the availability and extent of home based...