Burnout, working conditions and gender - results from the northern Sweden MONICA Study
- A RESEARCH ON ACADEMICS ON LIFE SATISFACTION, JOB SATISFACTION AND PROFESSIONAL BURNOUT. ARSLAN, Ramazan; ACAR, Başak Nur // Suleyman Demirel University Journal of Faculty of Economics & Ad;2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p282
A person spends significant part of his life at work. Therefore, satisfaction at work highly affects overall life of a person. The satisfaction of a person from job and its positive effect on personal life appears positively on physical as well as mental health of a person and shows itself up as...
- Developing and Testing a Model of Burnout at Work and Turnover Intensions among Doctors in Pakistan. Malik, Muhammad Imran; Zaheer, Arshad; Khan, M. Aslam; Ahmed, Mehboob // International Journal of Business & Management;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p234
This paper examines the impact of burnout at work (BO), work life balance (WLB), work life conflict (WLC) and job satisfaction (JS) on turnover intensions (TOT) among doctors in Pakistan. The research team developed a conceptual model to test the hypothesized relationships between the variables....
- Staff happiness and work satisfaction in a tertiary psychiatric centre. Baruch, Y.; Swartz, M.; Sirkis, S.; Mirecki, I.; Barak, Y. // Occupational Medicine;Sep2013, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p442
Background Mental health professionals are at a high risk of burnout. Positive psychology outcomes of staff in acute in-patient psychiatric wards are poorly researched and unclear. Aims To quantify the satisfaction with life and work-life satisfaction of mental health staff at a large...
- Job satisfaction: Is there a law against it? Gome, Amanda // BRW;7/31/95, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p92
Reports that Australian men and women rate values, communication and staff relationships ahead of salaries in determining job satisfaction. Australian lawyers' dissatisfaction with their jobs and corporate environment; Female principals' ability to achieve an ambition; Women's concern with...
- Gender, influence tactics, and job characteristics preferences: New insights into salary... Thacker, Rebecca A. // Sex Roles;May95, Vol. 32 Issue 9/10, p617
Investigates whether gender retains its significance as a predictor of salary, after controlling the well-documented influences of human capital accumulation and job level, and the less well-researched effects of both influence tactics and job characteristic preferences. Necessity of including...
- Women R.Ph.s happier campers, Schering says. Snyder, Karyn // Drug Topics;6/26/95, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p20
Reports on a Schering Report focused on satisfaction of pharmacists with their profession. Female pharmacists' greater satisfaction over their male counterparts; Perception of women's positive effect on the profession; Forecast in changes in the current male dominance in the profession.
- Gender differences affect inflammation, CV repair. // Endocrine Today;Dec2013, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p28
The article reports that according to Doris A. Taylor of the Texas Heart Institute, gender also plays a role in inflammation, aging and hormonal changes, and there is a need to understand cardiovascular disease to prevent them among women.
- GENDER DIFFERENCES ARE SIGNIFICANT in CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE. Beck, Susan D.; Sanders, Deb // Today's Geriatric Medicine;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p22
The article examines gender-specific aspects of cardiovascular disease (CVD), with topics including the need to educate women about the symptoms of heart disease to improve their mortality rates, diagnosing coronary heart disease, and women's prognosis with CVD.
- Age- and sex-specific differences in blood-borne microvesicles from apparently healthy humans. Gustafson, Callie M.; Shepherd, Alex J.; Miller, Virginia M.; Jayachandran, Muthuvel // Biology of Sex Differences;9/5/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Background: Sex differences in incidence of cardiovascular disease may reflect age-associated intravascular cellular activation resulting in shedding of cell membrane-derived bioactive microvesicles (MV or microparticles) into the blood. Concentrations of cell-specific MV in blood have the...