Maternal age, education level and migration: Socioeconomic determinants for smoking during pregnancy in a field study from Turkey
- Editorial: The Natural Superiority of Women-A Global Issue. Hosken, Fran P. // Women's International Network News;Autumn99, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
Editorial. Discusses the superiority of women over men based on the book `The Natural Superiority of Women,' by Ashley Montagu. Importance of good relations between the sexes; Existence of the myth of superiority of men in societies; Necessity of restructuring the relations between women and men.
- All alone and a son in the dark. Shiela // Eastern Door;1/25/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p19
The author offers an advice to a woman in a relationship who wants to be alone again.
- Relationships between attitudes toward women's roles in society, and work and life values Loo, Robert; Thorpe, Karran // Social Science Journal;2005, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p367
Abstract: This exploratory study examined the relationships between attitudes toward women''s roles in society, as measured by the six sub-scales on ward Women Scale (AWS: Spence, J. T., & Helmreich, R. L. (1972). The Attitudes Towards Women Scale: An objective instrument to measure attitudes...
- Women, the Values Debate, and a New Liberal Politics. Harrington, Mona // Dissent (00123846);Winter2005, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p86
This article focuses on the role of women in American society. A framework of values should become part of the Democratic vocabulary because it adds a missing piece to the American liberal vision. Conservatives condemn a valueless world of individual choice with its promiscuity, homosexuality,...
- D.H. Lawrence's St. Mawr: An Ecocritical Study. HOOTI, NOORBAKHSH; ASHRAFIAN, AMIR // 3L: Southeast Asian Journal of English Language Studies;2014, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p31
This study is an attempt to give a close ecocritic scrutiny to Lawrence's St. Mawr. It unravels the dreary repercussions endowed by the environmental crisis, which haunted the imagination of literary artists. It was then that an interdisciplinary school emerged, named ecocriticism, to survey the...
- WOMEN, HERE AND THERE. Kuehnelt-Leddihn, Erik v. // National Review;1/11/1985, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p48
Discusses the treatment of women by men in the United States and other countries. Ways in which women somehow irritate American men; Designation of Finland as the first European country to give women the right to vote; Observation that what women on the Continent really want is love, friendship...
- Woman show off wealth to hide imperfections. Van Buren, Abigail // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/28/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 126, p15
Several letters are presented about woman issues including how to deal with a woman who always brags about what she has, how to raise kids with the right values without being abusive, and how to deal an immature boyfriend.
- Guys: How He Really Feels About Your Job (And Paycheck!). // Glamour;Oct2014, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p168
The article offers information regarding the views of men on the work lives of women and what are they feelings on the job.
- the catch-up. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);4/9/2007, Vol. 59 Issue 15, p87
This article presents readers' comments on social issues affecting women. A single mother living with her father and had a couple of unsuccessful relationships is curious about the existence of the so-called Mister Right. Another woman describes how she and her girlfriends gossip about family...