Neighborhood and weight-related health behaviors in the Look AHEAD (Action for Health in Diabetes) study
- WENDY'S. Warshaw, Hope S. // Diabetes Forecast;Oct2002, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p56
Encourages diabetics to dine at Wendy's, a fast food restaurant. History; Selection of serving sizes; Nutritional content. INSETS: Untitled;Untitled.
- Developing measures on the perceptions of the built environment for physical activity: a confirmatory analysis. Gay, Jennifer L.; Evenson, Kelly R.; Smith, Jessalyn // International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition & Physical Activit;2010, Vol. 7, p72
Background: Minimal validity evidence exists for scales assessing the built environment for physical activity. The purpose of this study was to assess the test-retest reliability and invariance of a three-factor model (Neighborhood Characteristics, Safety/Crime, and Access to Physical Activity...
- Puttin' Healthier Meals Together. // Diabetes Forecast;Oct2002, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p58
Presents nutritional facts on the meals diabetics can order at Wendy's, a fast food restaurant.
- Healthful resolutions and fast food don't mix. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/10/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p4
The article presents the result of a survey which shows that visits to fast-food restaurants among diners who resolved to eat more healthfully in 2014, has increased by 10 percent between December 2013 and January 2014.
- Arthritis may be an extra barrier to increasing physical activity. Adams, Stacey L.; Haigh, Christen; Kalvaitis, Katie // Endocrine Today;6/25/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p29
The article reports on a study which showed that arthritis hinders the physical activity of people with diabetes. The research conducted between 2005 to 2007 questioned U.S. residents 18 years old and above about their exercise habits, height and weight. The research shows that arthritis is...
- McDonald's rolls phys-ed program into 31,000 schools. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;10/3/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p22
Reports on the efforts of McDonald's Corp. to encourage children to lead more active lives with the launch of a new initiative aimed at helping 7 million students to exercise in the U.S. Expectation of the Passport to Play program to debut in 31,000 schools; Design of the program to introduce...
- Correlates of distances traveled to use recreational facilities for physical activity behaviors. McCormack, Gavin R.; Giles-Corti, Billie; Bulsara, Max; Pikora, Terri J. // International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition & Physical Activit;2006, Vol. 3, p18
Background: Information regarding how far people are willing to travel to use destinations for different types of recreational physical activity behaviors is limited. This study examines the demographic characteristics, neighborhood opportunity and specific-physical activity behaviors associated...
- McD's to expand kid gym concept. Jargon, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p3
The article reports that fast-food chain McDonald's Corp.'s plans to replace more of its children's Playlands in 2007 with R Gyms in the U.S. These gyms are equipped with monkey bars, stationary bikes and other equipment intended to encourage exercise.
- Health Behaviors Among Women of Reproductive Age With and Without a History of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. Kieffer, Edith C.; Sinco, Brandy; Kim, Catherine // Diabetes Care;Aug2006, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p1788
OBJECTIVE -- To estimate the prevalence of several health-related behaviors among women of reproductive age with and without a history of gestational diabetes mellitus (hGDM). RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS -- We performed a cross-sectional study using the 2001-2003 Behavioral Risk Factor...