The impact of self-reported exposure to whole-body-vibrations on the risk of disability pension among men: a 15 year prospective study
- Â¿QUÃ‰ INCENTIVOS AL RETIRO GENERA LA SEGURIDAD SOCIAL? EL CASO URUGUAYO. ÁLVAREZ, IGNACIO; DA SILVA, NATALIA; FORTEZA, ALVARO; ROSSI, IANINA // Cuadernos de EconomÃa;nov2010, Vol. 47 Issue 136, p217
Unlike many OECD and Latin American countries, in Uruguay activity rates among male workers have been growing in recent decades. According to several studies, social security regulations have played a significant role in inducing earlier retirement in several OECD countries. We analyze the...
- The Influence of Occupational Characteristics on Men's Early Retirement. Hayward, Mark D. // Social Forces;Jun86, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1032
This study examines the influence of occupational characteristics on the early retirement of men. The results indicate that there is some age-grading of occupational "attractiveness" such that occupational characteristics gain or lose their direct salience for retirement depending on the age of...
- Retirement boom. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p7
Provides information on male employees early retirement in Great Britain. Percentage of males who are economically inactive.
- Ohio Police and Fire Hire Harris Investment. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;12/11/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the hiring of Harris Investment Management to manage a small-to-midcapitalization portfolio for The Police & Firemen & Disability Pension Fund, Columbus, Ohio.
- Re: Forms, lies, and advocacy. Dyson, Jane; Beaudin, Peter // British Columbia Medical Journal;Sep2014, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p316
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an editorial about the fraudulent practices associated with disability pensions.
- Two swindles. Ponsford, Gerard // British Columbia Medical Journal;Sep2014, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p317
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the editorial "Forms, Lies, and Advocacy," published in previous issue.
- Invalidity and early retirement. // OECD Economic Surveys: Switzerland;Dec2000, p161
Discusses disability insurance and disability pensions in Switzerland. Costs of disability benefits; Increase in the share of disabled in the population; Criteria for invalidity.
- The Puzzle of Later Male Retirement. Johnson, Richard // Economic Review (01612387);2002 3rd Quarter, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p5
Examines theories that explains the changed male retirement trend in the U.S.. Review of trends in older men's labor supply; Effects of Social Security on the retirement choices of American workers; Contribution of defined-benefit pensions to the end of the trend toward early retirement.
- The role of gender in long-term sickness absence and transition to permanent disability benefits. Gjesdal, Sturla; Bratberg, Espen // European Journal of Public Health;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p180
Presents a study that identified predictors for the transition from long-term sickness absence into disability pension with a special focus on gender in Norway from 1990 to 1995. Annual cumulative incidence of long-term sickness absence for women and men; Percentage of women and men who...