Determinants of health disparities between Italian regions
- Latest Australian and Overseas Quality-of-Life Research. Weston, Ruth // Family Matters;Autumn98, Issue 49, p50
The article focuses the first conference of the International Society of Quality-of-Life Studies held in Charlotte, North Carolina in November 1997. The Conference brought together social/behavioral science researchers from a variety of disciplines to discuss factors affecting physical health...
- Residents rate quality of life in the Valley. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/9/2004, Issue 323269, p7
Cites the result of a study pertaining to the quality of life in the Central Valley of California. Climate and economic conditions of the valley.
- Hull-House in 1932: III. Wilson, Edmund // New Republic;2/1/1933, Vol. 73 Issue 948, p317
Focuses on the conditions of social workers of Hull House, a social settlement house founded in Chicago, Illinois, in 1889, by social worker Jane Addams. Decline in living conditions of the relief workers; Plight of a girl after she left her job with a real estate man; Struggle of an family...
- National Planning for Community Recreation. Brightbill, Charles K. // Education;Oct1950, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p84
This article focuses on the growing awareness of the importance of the wise use of leisure time in the U.S. It is stated that leisure should be used for personality enlargement, physical growth and cultural advancement. Community recreation program complements the positive influences of the...
- Planet profile. Mar-Shan, A // New Internationalist;Jan/Feb2000, Issue 320, p48
Reflects on the contrast between the living conditions of the richest and poorest people in the world. Unequal distribution of the world income; Role of the United Nations in further enriching industrialized countries and oppressing poor countries; Decline of the environment.
- Moving Toward Global Wellness. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);2/14/2008, Issue 422, p2
An essay is presented on the evolution of quality of life philosophy. It discusses the doctrine of wellness that was based within personal responsibility and the quality of life. It also elaborates how wellness was being promoted by different organizations to encourage the practice of healthy...
- Africa's quest for quality of life. // UNESCO Courier;Nov94, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p40
Reports that the Amadou Hampate Ba Center for Development and the Quality of Life recently opened in Bamako. How and why this center received its name; Goals that this organization hopes to realize among the peoples of Africa.
- Is Something Missing From Your Life? Arnold, Linda // State Journal (WV);4/11/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p30
The article focuses on the author's views about living life fully.
- You never know... Schmidt, Bianca // Tokyo Journal;2014, Vol. 33 Issue 274, p104
In the article, the author discusses tips in personal living, particularly the need to focus on the people who come into one's life because they could bring a blessing or be helped with one's company.