Suicidal intention, psychosocial factors and referral to further treatment: A one-year cross-sectional study of self-poisoning
- PSYCHOSOCIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF PATIENTS WITH A HISTORY OF SUICIDE ATTEMPTS AT A CENTER FOR PSYCHOSOCIAL CARE (CAPS). de Oliveira, Maria Ivoneide Veríssimo; Filho, José Gomes Bezerra; de Lima, Maria Vilma Neves; Ferreira, Caroline Carneiro; Garcia, Larissa Uchoa; de Souza Pereira Goes, Leirylane // SMAD Revista Electronica Salud Mental, Alcohol y Drogas;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p136
Objective - To identify the psychosocial characteristics of patients with a history of suicide attempts at a CAPS Fortaleza, CearÃ¡, Brazil. Of the sample, 64.6% were female, 76% with ages varying from 30-59 and 65.5% were unmarried. The bivariate analysis with outcome (more than one suicide...
- All GPs faced with patient drug abuse. // New Zealand Doctor;5/3/2006, p19
Introduces a series of articles which deals with intervention techniques for patients with substance abuse problems.
- Growth and Empowerment for Indigenous Australians in Substance Abuse Treatment. Berry, Stacey; Crowe, T.; Deane, F.; Billingham, M.; Bhagerutty, Y. // International Journal of Mental Health & Addiction;Dec2012, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p970
This paper describes psychosocial outcomes of an Indigenous residential substance abuse rehabilitation centre in Australia, examines the sensitivity to change of the new Growth and Empowerment Measure (GEM), and explores the degree to which service users value cultural components of the...
- Chapter 6: Appropriate Clients for Social Work Intervention. Goode, Ruth Ann // Social Work Practice in Home Health Care;2000, p79
The article presents a list of client factors that indicate a need for a social work intervention, developed by an NASW Home Care Task Force. They include patients in need of a skilled assessment of social and emotional factors, patients who have suffered a sudden loss of physical functions,...
- SuizidalitÃƒÂ¤t. M. Wolfersdorf // Der Nervenarzt;Nov2008, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p1319
ZusammenfassungÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Das PhÃƒÂ¤nomen SuizidalitÃƒÂ¤t hat es in der Menschheitsgeschichte schon immer gegeben. Kein Denken und Verhalten hat im Laufe der Zeit jedoch eine derart unterschiedliche Beurteilung erfahren wie suizidales Verhalten. Vor dem Hintergrund eines...
- Suicidal Ideation and Attempts among Chemically Dependent Adolescents. Deykin, Eva Y.; Buka, Stephen L. // American Journal of Public Health;Apr94, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p634
Objectives. Suicidal ideation and attempts were examined in a population of chemically dependent adolescents, a group at high risk of self-destructive behavior. Methods. The prevalence and correlates of suicidality and of major depressive disorder were assessed by the Diagnostic Interview...
- Mistreatment is rife in Vietnam's drug detention centres. Parry, Jane // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/17/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7823, p558
The article reports on the request of human rights activists that the government of Vietnam must close its drug detention centers after a report from Human Right Watch shows than drug users were detained without due process, are tortured, and are engaged in forced labor.
- Clinical observations on the dually diagnosed. Nuckols, Cardwell C.; Repotosky, John // Behavioral Health Management;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p36
Presents the author's medical observations on dually diagnosed patients. Other terms for dually diagnosed patients; Dually diagnosed patients with personality disorders; Patients with repeated trauma in early life; Patients with chronic mental illness; Treatment issues.
- Reviews. Treating Substance Abuse (Third Edition). Solomon, David // Nursing Standard;8/26/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 52, p30
No abstract available.